• The KillerFrogs

Mike Miles averaging...

Eight

19.8 PPG his last 5 games. How many other people in the country can say this?

We may have an Elf situation on our hands: “He’s pretty good. A little too good.”

He keeps playing like this we may only get him for one year. The dude can flat out ball and has NBA range already.

30 or so, one who happens to be kendric davis

tcudoc

19.8 PPG his last 5 games. How many other people in the country can say this?

We may have an Elf situation on our hands: “He’s pretty good. A little too good.”

He keeps playing like this we may only get him for one year. The dude can flat out ball and has NBA range already.
10bf2ec6-9e71-46ac-8922-0adf262d5125_100_h_6.gif

CountryFrog

I wouldn't even have to think for a second to take Miles over Davis. Not even a remote comparison at the same stage of their careers IMO.
No question if we're looking at them both as freshmen. It's not even slightly debatable.

Even right now I think Miles is better than Davis but admittedly I've watched almost no SMU basketball the last 2 years.

Miles has to be the best freshman we've ever had I would think.

Moose Stuff

No question if we're looking at them both as freshmen. It's not even slightly debatable.

Even right now I think Miles is better than Davis but admittedly I've watched almost no SMU basketball the last 2 years.

Miles has to be the best freshman we've ever had I would think.

I can't remember anyone better.

jake102

I don't think it's really close. His offense is extremely good, and that's with some turnovers and he still misses some easy layups. Once he really tunes his game in, I think he could be a 20+ppg guy.

I'd be curious for one of the experts to give some info on his defense. It seems pretty bad, but I'm not anywhere near an expert.

Eight

mike has shot the ball well and i think he has flourished in the way the frogs have used him.

the points aren't as big a deal to me as the 52% from the floor and the 48% from 3-pt as well as the feel he has shown for the game

will be interesting to see if mike can continue those numbers when the frogs get into conference play, face better defenders, and teams start to scout the frogs offense

Last edited:

CountryFrog

mike has shot the ball well and i think he has flourished in the way the frogs have used him.

the points aren't as big a deal to me as the 52% from the floor and the 48% from 3-pt as well as the feel he has shown for the game

will be interesting to see if mike can continues those numbers when the frogs get into conference play, face better defenders, and teams start to scout the frogs offense
Agree. The good thing for Mike that will make it tougher for opponents to hone in on him is that RJ is playing just as well and is just as dangerous. And even though Samuel isn't a super dangerous offensive threat you can't just leave him under the basket either. Plus Skip's promise that this year's team would be better shooting from 3 is starting to look true so all of that will make it harder for defenses to gang up on either Mike or RJ.

Eight

Agree. The good thing for Mike that will make it tougher for opponents to hone in on him is that RJ is playing just as well and is just as dangerous. And even though Samuel isn't a super dangerous offensive threat you can't just leave him under the basket either. Plus Skip's promise that this year's team would be better shooting from 3 is starting to look true so all of that will make it harder for defenses to gang up on either Mike or RJ.

as i mentioned in a recent comment on the game thread, the way in which the frogs moved the ball overall in the half court really is encouraging and can only help mike and rj.

i am curious where farabello fits when he returns to the squad

CountryFrog

as i mentioned in a recent comment on the game thread, the way in which the frogs moved the ball overall in the half court really is encouraging and can only help mike and rj.

i am curious where farabello fits when he returns to the squad
To me he's a backup who is mostly a spot up 3 point shooter and can give you minutes at either guard spot to spell Mike and RJ.

Punter1

I can't remember anyone better.

Damian Walker is the closest I can come and I'd actually give him the slight nod at this point. Dude was an absolute beast. Miles is the best freshman guard I think we've ever had and it isn't close...

Walker averaged 21 and 9 as an undersized center in '96. His regression then transfer is one of the most puzzling things I've ever seen as a TCU basketball fan.

Miles has a long way to go before he gets NBA looks. His size just doesn't fit well in the modern game. If he can improve his shooting even more to be really deadly, then he will have a chance.