• The KillerFrogs

Mike Leach on the CFP

Wexahu

I think it depends on WHO theses teams lose to

I think it would depend on who they lose to. If you lose to a ranked opponent, that is better than losing to an Iowa State for instance.

Well, you only play so many ranked teams. If they lose to a highly ranked team, chances are they won't have many impressive wins on their schedule. So far, big wins have helped more than bad losses have hurt.

I still think OU's beatdown of OSU will be a factor if it came down to comparing a 1-loss Big 12 team to a 1-loss Big 10 team, especially if OSU is that team. Any Big 12 Champion will be either OU or a team that beat OU at least once.

Sebastian S

Well, you only play so many ranked teams. If they lose to a highly ranked team, chances are they won't have many impressive wins on their schedule. So far, big wins have helped more than bad losses have hurt.

I still think OU's beatdown of OSU will be a factor if it came down to comparing a 1-loss Big 12 team to a 1-loss Big 10 team, especially if OSU is that team. Any Big 12 Champion will be either OU or a team that beat OU at least once.

What is the deal with OSU anyway?

Did their offense just have a bad day against OU?

OU clearly has shown flaws on their defense against Baylor and Iowa state.

Wexahu

What is the deal with OSU anyway?

Did their offense just have a bad day against OU?

OU clearly has shown flaws on their defense against Baylor and Iowa state.

Wasn't able to see much of the game at all, so i don't really know. Weird things happen sometimes (like us barely beating Kansas every year). I suspect if they played again it'd be a much different result, but the game happened and OU kicked their ass that night. Since then, OSU has played a bunch of crap teams, but in their defense, all of those games have pretty much been over early. I suspect, given who their coach is and the overall talent level on that team, they'll improve and be a really tough out for anyone by the end of the year, but they have zero margin for error.

Zubaz

If the below happens, who gets in?

Bama -- undefeated
Clemson -- undefeated
Penn St/Wisconsin/Ohio St/Michigan -- one loss for one of them
Washington -- one loss
TCU -- one loss

Obviously in all situations the one loss is not in the CCG.
Bama, Clemson, Big 10 would be in, especially if that Big 10 team is anyone but Wisconsin.

So it would come down to UW and TCU. That would really depend on what happens in the Big 12. If OSU, Texas Tech, Texas, and WVU remain strong in, floating around the Top 25, then it would be TCU especially since that would mean we beat one of those teams twice. UW's heart of the schedule is towards the end, with Stanford, Utah, Washington State, and a Pac-12 title game all right next to each other. That could bump them up too, plus as of right now they are still ranked above us.

Still a lot of season left to play. I'm not so sure Clemson stays undefeated, and the ACC isn't that great right now, which could put a 1-loss Clemson in danger of being left out in favor of both the 1-loss Pac-12 and Big-12 champs.

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
Everyone's ignoring the fact that dead week and finals take place at one time or another during your proposed expanded playoff period. Unlike high school or even Divisions II or III, it matters. These guys have to have the same opportunity to study as other students have.

Push playoff back - championship game held on the day before the Super Bowl - Problem solved.

Westsider

It matters just as much and very likely even more, in the FCS, DII and DIII programs and yet they manage to cope with a 24 team playoff.

A four school CFP is ridiculously too small and no amount of rationalization can change that fact. 8 or 12 (with the Top 4 getting byes) is a much better number.

Finals at Stanford, Rice, Navy, Texas Tech, etc. are a lot more important than the same at Youngstown state, I’m sorry.

Froggy Style

Why is Herbstreit always included in this list? And Galloway, too? Herbstreit has been generally supportive of TCU ever since he covered the TCU Rose Bowl. He picked the Frogs to win the B12 and as a candidate for the CFP this year.

It is so easy to find talking heads who are much more anti-B12 and anti-TCU than Herbstreit.

BS, Herbstreit takes ten positions so everyone feels like he likes them (as you do). He supported TCU for the first part of the year, but just bumped TCU out of his top four after having the only win over a top 25 team this week. It didn't take long for him to go back to his Big 10 BS. Amazed people fall for this crap after he did the exact same thing in 2014.