• The KillerFrogs

Midweek Baseball: Frogs v UTA

Purp

This sentence from the e-mail made it sound like we can reasonably expect another capacity increase before the end of the season. We already know football is expected to be at 100% in the fall and there are no other revenue sports other than baseball playing between now and football season so I'd assume the near future must mean this season.

“Based on current positive trends in the community, and especially on campus, as well as continuing to follow all established health and safety protocols, we are optimistic about the prospects of being able to raise that 50 percent capacity number even higher in the near future.”
So the system is pretty dumb and it makes you exchange seats for one game at a time to create a crapload of individual transactions. I got so fast the system kept thinking I was a bot. Anyway, I was having a hell of time getting the last game for Texas State exchanged. It didn't matter what game I tried to exchange with, whether it was a single or all 3, and I tried multiple credit/debit cards. I kept getting a system error.

I think they may have already made more than 50% available for certain games. When I called to tell the guy I originally wanted a block of 3 in section 202, but after all the failed attempts and waiting on the phone there was only a couple singles left in that section he told me he saw quite a few more than that available. So then I asked him if I could get 3 of the 4 available in a closer section and he said he could get me closer than that. I ended up getting 3 in section 104 for the Saturday Texas game that weren't open on my screen at the exact same time. I got some in section 104 for a couple of other games and I'm pretty sure the row I ended up getting wouldn't be open based on other tickets I got very near to these.

All that to say, I think they may have already decided to release more than 50% for weeks further out on the schedule based on this anecdotal experience and you have to speak with someone in the ticket office to get access to them. Be prepared to wait on hold for a while to get help, though. They sound busier than a cat chasing a flashlight right now.

Last edited:

Pharm Frog

It’s unfathomable for anyone to think he didn’t know. He’s in charge. He attends sporting events. He knows what’s going on regardless of what he may have said to maniac.

Anything short of, “Hey Maniac...good to see you. Yes, JD has been on my case about this for several weeks now. Can’t get him off the phone and out of my office in fact. I’m gonna make this an immediate priority.” would be a profound disappointment.

PurpleBlood87

So the system is pretty dumb and it makes you exchange seats for one game at a time to create a crapload of individual transactions. I got so fast the system kept thinking I was a bot. Anyway, I was having a hell of time getting the last game for Texas State exchanged. It didn't matter what game I tried to exchange with, whether it was a single or all 3, and I tried multiple credit/debit cards. I kept getting a system error.

I had the same problem with the bot situation and had to drop a puzzle piece into the puzzle.

Then after each exchange the system didn't recognize me and I had to log out and log back in.

Truthfully, the seats I'm sitting in now are fine. The people have been there twice and both times they let me sit with them. Nice people.

hometown frog

I too got the BOT warning and three other ‘you must log out’ notices before I could transfer our GA seats. (We just did the UT and ULM weekends at this point).
The CC transaction for each game part was just dumb. But there’s a lot about the TCU ticket office website that is less than optimal.

Couldn’t get 4 in covered seats for UT by the time the website allowed me to get there. So I had to move over to 201. (1st world problems right?)

so if they expand the seats again I wonder if they will just keep the exchange window open as people want to or if at some point they just put people back in their normal season ticket seats? (Mainly a regionals question for me)

tcumaniac

I too got the BOT warning and three other ‘you must log out’ notices before I could transfer our GA seats. (We just did the UT and ULM weekends at this point).
The CC transaction for each game part was just dumb. But there’s a lot about the TCU ticket office website that is less than optimal.

Couldn’t get 4 in covered seats for UT by the time the website allowed me to get there. So I had to move over to 201. (1st world problems right?)

so if they expand the seats again I wonder if they will just keep the exchange window open as people want to or if at some point they just put people back in their normal season ticket seats? (Mainly a regionals question for me)
Yeah. It was a bit silly you couldn't just go in and do a single transaction. I too had the "bot" message, and had to signout and restart my browser every time for it to work.

That aside, this definitely worked out in my favor. Got better seats for the rest of the games than my normal reserved seats.

steelfrog

Tier 1
Just to provide some clarification:

After going to all 3 games this weekend, I just couldn't take the silliness anymore.

The majority of our reserved seats are zip-tied shut. If someone dares to break a zip tie and sit in that seat, they are loudly and aggressively shamed and scolded by TCU staff or ballpark security. While our reserved seats sit mostly empty, except, of course, for the student section that is packed like sardines, people are all but forced to sit on top of each other in the outfield, which isn’t close to big enough to fit all the people that are supposed to sit out there. In the name of safety and social distancing, season ticket holders like me are not allowed to sit in our usual reserved seats. Instead, we are told to sit in the outfield, shoulder to shoulder with people, just like we’d be doing in our normal seats. The silliness and disingenuous nature of it all is mind numbing.

Meanwhile, our athletic director is sending out ambiguous tweets blaming our restricted capacity on the need for approval from an unspecified source.

Under the assumption that we are no longer under any state, county, or city capacity restrictions, I assumed that Donati was implying that we still needed approval from our Chancellor to increase capacity.

I knew Chancellor Boschini from my time at TCU (and really appreciate and respect the man as both a person and a leader), so I decided to reach out to him last night and essentially ask why we were scared to actually "Lead On."

I referenced his Star Telegram interview and his desire for at least one more "Rose Bowl type moment" before he retires, and that while I obviously still hope that Gary finds a way to reach the top of the pyramid, we actively have a baseball team capable of having a Rose Bowl type moment of their own, yet because of a charade of illogical policies, our team isn't able to receive the kind of fan support they deserve.

I referenced Donati's tweet as the reason I was reaching out to him about this issue, and urged him to reconsider our current attendance restrictions, especially as the UT series quickly approaches.

Chancellor Boschini responded first thing this morning and said the current policies had nothing to do with him and almost seemed to not even be fully aware of how things were currently being handled at Lupton... but he promised to look into it and see if he could make some headway.

Later this afternoon, he reached back out saying they had just received the go-ahead to increase capacity.

I still have no clue who is supposedly in charge of approving our capacity policies, and I'm left frustratingly curious... but at least we seem to have made some progress.

@tcumaniac is literally the only person among all the feckless whiners on this board to ever have demonstrably changed TCU policy in a meaningful way. Awesome job Maniac, and may the rest of you be damned...

flyfishingfrog

Yeah. It was a bit silly you couldn't just go in and do a single transaction. I too had the "bot" message, and had to signout and restart my browser every time for it to work.

That aside, this definitely worked out in my favor. Got better seats for the rest of the games than my normal reserved seats.
I did it for my son and it was a bit redundant but guessing it was their best option given the short timeframe.

Going to be a bit interesting if people were like me and had to pick different seats for each game - imagine we will have more than a few people sit in the "wrong" seats because they forgot which game they are attending vs their tickets.

The most interesting thing to me will be if people gave up seats to later season games in exchange for more seats for a better game like Texas.

I didn't even think that was possible until I accidently exchanged my sons Saturday ULMonroe tickets for the Sunday game and fortunately realized that before I changed his Sunday tickets to Sunday also.