• The KillerFrogs

Mens Hoops vs Central Michigan

Frog Wild

Ticket Exchange Pass
To me it was like the halves were two different games almost.
Very few fouls called in the first, seemed like every trip down the court in the second.
We couldn't hit a free throw in the 1st, couldn't miss in the 2nd.

I am feeling pretty good about the team so far, Lipscomb notwithstanding.

Noi's dunk on the fast break is probably the most "monstrous" (kid sitting in front of me) dunk I have ever seen.

Last edited:

LVH

Texas lost to Radford

Like Lipscomb Radford returned everyone from their NCAA team last year. They also beat Notre Dame a couple weeks ago

flyfishingfrog

We basically have a 7 man team right now

That has to get fixed or the guys will wear out

Alok, RJ, Archie...some of these guys need to figure out how to be more than just a 5th body to keep from having a double team

Hoping something happens in this road trip to push them forward

Dogfrog

Alok is an athlete and he is worth not giving up on. What Dixon needs to do is tell him to forget scoring and rebounding. Go out there and every opponent that gets the ball in the paint put them on their ass. Foul out in the first half. Then start coaching him from there.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
To me it was like the halves were two different games almost.
Very few fouls called in the first, seemed like every trip down the court in the second.
We couldn't hit a free throw in the 1st, couldn't miss in the 2nd.

I am feeling pretty good about the team so far, Lipscomb notwithstanding.

Noi's dunk on the fast break is probably the most "monstrous" (kid sitting in front of me) dunk I have ever seen.
Agreed. More calls in the second half. And I too think this team's ceiling is tremendous

Eight

Yes. He will learn by going out there and doing what he’s asked to do. He is very soft right now and desparately needs aggressiveness and confidence.

so he will become more confident by effectively failing by being disqualified for fouls?

Dogfrog

Doing what your coach asks you to do is not failing. It is a starting point for coaching. Going on the floor every night without contributing anything is failing. Making no aggressive effort is failing. I think this guy has a huge upside but the current path is a loser.

Rose Bowl

I didn’t know we had so many hoops experts on this board. We only have a seven man team, pretty much all of our freshmen aren’t very good and Alok is a waste of a scholarship. I’m glad CJD doesn’t feel the way people here do. This team has really gotten solid bench play from kids who had never seen a D1 court until this season. Samuel, Davis, RJ, Alok and Lat have been solid if not great. These guys are getting their feet wet at the highest level and, remember, we’re not relying on them to be difference makers just role players. Alok has been somewhat of a disappointment only because he was rated so highly but after watching some film from his juco time we are asking him to play much differently on the offensive end than he is used to and I think he is thinking instead of playing right now. He just needs to assert himself on both ends and when his confidence climbs he will be fine.

More concerning to me is that the concussion Angus has must be bad because he hasn’t even been on the bench the last two games. I hope it isn’t a persistent problem that limits him for the entire season.