• The KillerFrogs

Men’s hoops tonight vs lavender

JogginFrog

I want your complete ranking of every 8-6 team along with analysis on each one.
This was my first reaction, too. And then, I'm sorry to say that I went down the Kenpom rabbit hole to answer the question.

Since I'm not a paid subscriber I can't access the historical data. But the Cats are 70th in Kenpom, which officially makes them the 8th-best team with a winning percentage of .571 or worse (equivalent to 8-6).

Best is Michigan, rated 26th at 7-6, followed by Va. Tech (31st at 8-7). The best actual 8-6 team is Oklahoma State (51st). Most of the other teams are within 10 spots of K State but have played a significantly stronger strength of schedule than KSU, including Maryland, Syracuse and Penn State.

All of the six teams listed above have adjusted SOS of 40th or better, in contrast to K State's 129th-ranked SOS. So, I think it's objectively difficult to make the case that K State is the best 8-6 team in the country. Especially since the Cats are now 8-7 after "falling" to the Frogs.

CountryFrog

This was my first reaction, too. And then, I'm sorry to say that I went down the Kenpom rabbit hole to answer the question.

Since I'm not a paid subscriber I can't access the historical data. But the Cats are 70th in Kenpom, which officially makes them the 8th-best team with a winning percentage of .571 or worse (equivalent to 8-6).

Best is Michigan, rated 26th at 7-6, followed by Va. Tech (31st at 8-7). The best actual 8-6 team is Oklahoma State (51st). Most of the other teams are within 10 spots of K State but have played a significantly stronger strength of schedule than KSU, including Maryland, Syracuse and Penn State.

All of the six teams listed above have adjusted SOS of 40th or better, in contrast to K State's 129th-ranked SOS. So, I think it's objectively difficult to make the case that K State is the best 8-6 team in the country. Especially since the Cats are now 8-7 after "falling" to the Frogs.
Best 8-7 team in college basketball