• The KillerFrogs

"Meet the Frogs" Roll Call

WhatTheFrog

Who plans on going? I've met/talked to players in ways that were "enlightening" in the past, to say the least. I've also talked to players' parents that stood in line, for whatever reason. I love talking to players' famiiies because they always have a story or two to tell about their kid. It's always been a good experience.

I told Montrel a couple of years ago that I should do the dread thing, but I thought I'd look stupid if I did it. He assured me that I could pull it off. He was lying. Also asked Ty if he preferred LB or DE. He told me that he preferred LB, even though he was tabbed as a starting DE that season. His honesty was refreshing. That's the kind of thing you get from meeting and talking to these guys on an individual basis. I highly recommend it.

I plan to be there again this season. I'll wear something that stands out and post it here so that others can come up and intro themselves to me, if desired. If not, no biggie. Probably a stupid looking cowboy hat with a leather patch on the front that says "Mexico", but that remains to be seen.

Scheduled for Aug 24 from 1-3pm, last I heard. Sam Baugh Indoor Practice Facility. Show up on the west side next to the practice fields, early.

Eight

mexico.jpg

WhatTheFrog

Yes, very similar, but not a cowboy hat.

Actually, I probably won't wear that cowboy hat now. I usually have LHCGMFP sign whatever hat I'm wearing, so it'll likely be a white ballcap.

I just might wear my KF.c GMFP shirt now that I think about it. Get a pic with him while I'm wearing the shirt. Greatness!

WhatTheFrog

Now that it's close, anyone want to admit to going?

If I wear my GMFP shirt, do you think that Coach would be offended by it? I'm being serious. I wouldn't want to piss off my coach.

tcumaniac

I'll admit. I'd enjoy meeting some of the players and wishing them and the coaches good luck this season.

But considering how long the lines get and how some of the freshmen could literally be 10 years younger than me, I'll continue to stay home until I have a kid to take through there.

MAcFroggy

I'll admit. I'd enjoy meeting some of the players and wishing them and the coaches good luck this season.

But considering how long the lines get and how some of the freshmen could literally be 10 years younger than me, I'll continue to stay home until I have a kid to take through there.

100% this. Never thought it made sense to go by myself. Definitely seemed like a family event to me. I have my first kid (boy) being born this year, so I imagine I will be attending this event in the near future.

jake102

I went for the first time last year, had my 5 month old son (first child). It was great for him and a ton of fun. Instead of having Gary sign stuff we asked him to take a picture with my son. If I knew how to upload pictures to here I would.

Wish I could go this year as my son (1.5yrs old) would go insane running around the indoor complex with all the people

Purp

I went for the first time last year, had my 5 month old son (first child). It was great for him and a ton of fun. Instead of having Gary sign stuff we asked him to take a picture with my son. If I knew how to upload pictures to here I would.

Wish I could go this year as my son (1.5yrs old) would go insane running around the indoor complex with all the people
We're 50/50 b/c of a kid birthday party at 2. My 6 year old will have a blast if we go, though. The 2 year old would too, but he's the one most certain to be at the party.

I remember taking my 6 year old for the first time when he was 2 or 3 and he was running around in one of the end zones with the football he brought and he literally bumped into Big V who was talking to his family. The look of amazement that a human could be so big was hilarious. When I told him to say hi to Big V he did and after that he wasn't amazed by him anymore. He was just another guy. Then Big V played catch with him for several minutes until more boys came over.

That's the kind of thing that seems to happen every year and the kids love it. Even several years later when my son hears the announcers talk about Big V on an NFL broadcast he stops what he's doing to watch. "Hey, they said Big V! I know him!" It's pretty awesome; I just hope it doesn't make him an Eagles fan.

WhatTheFrog

100% this. Never thought it made sense to go by myself. Definitely seemed like a family event to me. I have my first kid (boy) being born this year, so I imagine I will be attending this event in the near future.
I wouldn't go by myself, either. My wife had a work thing going on one year, so I missed that one. Other than that, it is definitely a group enjoyment thing (that probably sounded bad).

It's cool talking to the players one on one, just so you can get a feel for their personalities and such. They are individuals for sure. I enjoy getting to know the kids, even if it's just superficial or whatever and getting a feel for what they are thinking about the upcoming season and getting a bit of insight into their personalities. I've found that I have a bit of extra reason to cheer for each individual player when they are on the field, doing what they do to entertain us in the stands.

We have some awesome kids representing our school out there on the field every weekend. You're doing yourself a disservice if you don't get out there and meet them/talk to them on a personal level.

I hope that Jalen's dad is there. I'd like to talk to him as well.

Still not sure if I should wear the GMFP shirt...

netty2424

Well did GP whisper all his secrets in anyone’s ear during the event?
Yep. Delton starting, Duggan gets the second half. Sometime around the following Tuesday, Justin Rogers drop foot issues disappear and he gets the nod for Purdue and wins a National Championship.

Don’t tell him I told you tho.