• The KillerFrogs

Meacham

Mean Purple

so what happend in 2016?
Some key interceptions. And defense blew some big plays. A strange penalty against Arkansas (where some bad defense popped up). The injury bug was insane.
Two of the losses were in double OT.
But that team could still get touchdowns.

Eight

Some key interceptions. And defense blew some big plays. A strange penalty against Arkansas (where some bad defense popped up). The injury bug was insane.
Two of the losses were in double OT.
But that team could still get touchdowns.

some of us remember the last 2/3's of 2016 differently from others

during the last 8 games of 2016 the frogs averaged just over 23 points a game and 400 yards of offense, but remember those numbers are skewed a bit with the 62 points and 688 yards at baylor that year.

season averages were 31 points and 463 yards average of total offense so there was a marked dropped off of 8 points and 63 yards.

4 times the frogs were held to less than 350 yards of total offense and had games where they scored 10, 6, and 6

meacham did some good things, but it wasn't all sunshine and rainbows

Big Frog II

Meacham had an up and down year in 2016. Should have beaten Arkansas. That was bizarre how we lost that. Could have beaten Georgia in the Liberty Bowl if not for Special Teams. The bottom line is that Meacham and Cumbie were more successful together. Sadly it appears that they cannot work together. Cumbie's best year alone has been when Sonny Dykes was helping out. His last two years by himself have been horrendous.

We have to do something different going forward.

archifrog

Meacham had an up and down year in 2016. Should have beaten Arkansas. That was bizarre how we lost that. Could have beaten Georgia in the Liberty Bowl if not for Special Teams. The bottom line is that Meacham and Cumbie were more successful together. Sadly it appears that they cannot work together. Cumbie's best year alone has been when Sonny Dykes was helping out. His last two years by himself have been horrendous.

At the end of the day

At the end of the day, I expect Cumbie stays on and Gary hires Chad Morris as an offensive consultant....the Sonny Dykes formula...

4th. down

"His last two years by himself have been horrendous."

We don't need to say anything else, that covers it.

Froggish

Perspective on the Meachum era..

Points per game...
1. Take away Non P5 games
2. Factor for regulation only (OT points don’t count)..What did we do over a 4Q game?

2014 Pts Per Game 45.8
2015 Pts Per Game 35.5
2016 Pts Per Game 26.7

This year 2019 = 28.4 (9Games P5)

tetonfrog

If we bring back Meach, it should be as a WR coach only. He could certainly help there. He can consult with the game plan and make suggestions during games. But I doubt he would take that. I am guessing that he would want his old co-OC title back. GP and SC were not comfortable with that so it did not happen. This is just my opinion.

I agree that our offense was very good during his first two years but it was really bad during the last half of the 2016 year. I was at the OSU game and we were just awful in every phase of offense. Period. I will never forget the Wild Frog failures with Kyle Hicks desperately trying to throw/run it in with zero success. In those final games, our offense could not stay on the field and GP's D was worn down, beaten down and run over. I believe that is why GP has soured on the fast break offense. If his D can't get off the field on third down, then they will wither and die.

I would love to see wholesale changes in the staff, but I can see someone like Morris coming in and helping SC with the game plan. GP has made changes before on offense and I hope he does it again.