• The KillerFrogs

Meacham fired at Kansas

Wexahu

Never met him but my impression is that he's probably a great dude to hang out with and a pretty good offensive mind, but is the kind of personality that goes over much better in the room when things are generally going well. He just gave off the vibe that he's a bit of a mad-scientist who likes trying new stuff and gets bored easily. And I know I may be dead wrong about this, but whenever we ran some crazy ass play that made little sense I always figured it was his idea.

netty2424

Players love him. I follow him on social media and he still has a lot of TCU players follow, like, and comment on his posts. There’s a genuine respect in that communication from those players. It’s very apparent.

Ray Finkle

I have a friend who is very close to the Kansas program. Evidently, it was a major subordination issue. That being said, if I had Beaty calling the shots and continuing to run the program into the ground, I’d be a little insubordinate too.

Kansas has 1 2019 recruit at the moment. 1! The rest of us are all sitting on 16+. It would be really hard to sit back and act like everything is okay when you are working for a coach that is in way over his head and actually believes he’s making the right strides to have a really competitive program.

I’m sure it would be tough to be in the middle of a dumpster fire like Kansas after being at TCU during 2014 and keeping your mouth shut.

ECoastFrog

There was a game in which Meach called a timeout, obviously without GP’s permission. GP was LIVID- GP came charging down the sideline yelling, and Meach was simply ignoring him. All seen on TV. If that kind of stuff was going on behind the scenes as well, then Meach probably had to go, no matter his coaching prowess.

Moose Stuff

It’s threads like this where you can begin to get a sense of which posters know what they’re talking about/have connections and which ones don’t. Not a criticism, just an observation.

f_399

It’s hard to gauge how good they(cumbie included) really were at Tcu when they had the talent they had

True, they unlocked that talent but that was their shining moment and haven’t shown much since

Kinda like how manziel made a lot of people look good and rich at a&m.

tcuball3

Ticket Exchange Pass
I have a friend who is very close to the Kansas program. Evidently, it was a major subordination issue. That being said, if I had Beaty calling the shots and continuing to run the program into the ground, I’d be a little insubordinate too.

Kansas has 1 2019 recruit at the moment. 1! The rest of us are all sitting on 16+. It would be really hard to sit back and act like everything is okay when you are working for a coach that is in way over his head and actually believes he’s making the right strides to have a really competitive program.

I’m sure it would be tough to be in the middle of a dumpster fire like Kansas after being at TCU during 2014 and keeping your mouth shut.

Consistent with his behavior while on staff at TCU and ultimately Sonny was given the reigns

Moose Stuff

It’s hard to gauge how good they(cumbie included) really were at Tcu when they had the talent they had

True, they unlocked that talent but that was their shining moment and haven’t shown much since

Kinda like how manziel made a lot of people look good and rich at a&m.

I tend to agree. We got overly excited about the abilities of the new OCs when a major part of it was Boykin, Doctson, Catalon, Green, D Gray, Listenbee, Noteboom, Vaitai, Hunt, etc...... Also gives you some insight into how bad the previous OC was IMO.

Sebastian S

I tend to agree. We got overly excited about the abilities of the new OCs when a major part of it was Boykin, Doctson, Catalon, Green, D Gray, Listenbee, Noteboom, Vaitai, Hunt, etc...... Also gives you some insight into how bad the previous OC was IMO.

Which makes Coach P's continued success on defense that much more impressive.

He's done it with Conference USA and Big 12 talent(and everything in between).

CountryFrog

I think that last sentence is absolutely true, unfortunately.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
shocker. Wonder what cause was
My guess is that it goes deeper that just offensive performance, because Meacham and David Beatty were high school friends have known each other a long time. In fact, Kenny Perry, Meacham and Beatty, all went to school together.

Just a sidebar, it was my understanding that when Meacham was hired, he wanted to bring Beatty, who was the Texas A&M receivers coach, at the time, to TCU as our receivers coach but Beatty got the Kansas job. Not sure if there's any truth to that but I did get it from a very good source.

Ray Finkle

My guess is that it goes deeper that just offensive performance, because Meacham and David Beatty were high school friends have known each other a long time. In fact, Kenny Perry, Meacham and Beatty, all went to school together.

Just a sidebar, it was my understanding that when Meacham was hired, he wanted to bring Beatty, who was the Texas A&M receivers coach, at the time, to TCU as our receivers coach but Beatty got the Kansas job. Not sure if there's any truth to that but I did get it from a very good source.
Dang. That would’ve been nice. Beaty is a heck of a receivers coach. He was great at Rice before going to Kansas under Mangino as a receivers coach. Not to mention, the guy is a great recruiter. Yes, I realize their numbers right now are terrible but he was recruiting coordinator for Aggie and was good at it. I’d be elated if we got him for that coaching position and you all would be too.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
Dang. That would’ve been nice. Beaty is a heck of a receivers coach. He was great at Rice before going to Kansas under Mangino as a receivers coach. Not to mention, the guy is a great recruiter. Yes, I realize their numbers right now are terrible but he was recruiting coordinator for Aggie and was good at it. I’d be elated if we got him for that coaching position and you all would be too.
Its a moot point now