• The KillerFrogs

MBB's Rondel Walker is now a Frog!

Endless Purple

Some quotes:
"Until Walker signs and until we run out of slots, there’s always the chance of him returning."

"A little bummed about Walker. Love the full court pressure, but I do wonder if the shooting that was supposed to come is purely just my optimism."

"Losing Walker stinks. He's an Oklahoma kid that was easy to root for. Played hard and when empowered with minutes, he was important to our winning. Seemed like a kid who wasn't afraid of the big shot. Should have been in our rotation more consistently last year. Caused his production to diminish. I was hoping we were able to keep him. His best ball is in the next two years imo."

"After 2 years in the program, he was not starting. Either the coaches failed to develop him, he did not put in the work he needed to do, MB has recruited better players, he was over ranked, or MB should have been playing him more. I am unhappy that he is leaving, but understand, if I was a Top-100 recruit and was not starting after 2 years in a program and it looking like I would not be starting as a Junior, I might be looking for a new opportunity."

"I feel much the same way, BUT we could have won a few more games last year had he been able to hit WIDE OPEN three point shots", "For whatever reason on offense he looked tentative at times. I hope he does good wherever he lands b/c I'm a fan. I wish he would have stayed."

"I didn't like losing Walker with his ability to defend and just his general energy he brings"

"Walker is just a really good role player"

"Rondel Walker to TCU. Ouch."

"Jamie Dixon should have a solid team next season."

Froggish

Damn nice add by the Dixon and crew. Another ball handler and on ball defender. If we can find a shooter or get that from one of the guys who was injured last year we should be in for a fun year

Rose Bowl

Walker will most likely be our best athlete. Really hope his offense improves because he’s more of a slasher than three point shooter. The Lundblade kid is a shooter. I saw him play at Grapevine Faith and hopefully, he can defend well enough to get minutes this year because his shot is good. He is the 13th scholly as he was put on ‘ship at SMU and then the new coach took it away.

Who is Lundblade, a walk on? 14 on the list but evans is gone. I think the current roster is 12, so room for one more. I am not counting Lundblade.

sdj

He redshirted at SMU last year. From last year‘s SMU roster—
Prep: Lundblade is a McDonald’s All-American nominee that averaged 10.6 points, 2.9 rebounds, 1.2 assists and hit 45% from three in 2020-21 at Greensboro Day School in North Carolina. He was an all-conference honoree that helped the team to a 24-6 record. The Dallas native spent his first three prep seasons at Grapevine Faith Christian School where he averaged 22.7 points in his career. In 2019-20 at GFCS, he averaged 28.1 points, 8.2 rebounds and 2.9 assists. He was named TAPPS District 1-5A MVP, 5A All-State and selected to the All-State Tournament Team after helping the Lions reach the 5A State semifinals.

Personal: His father, Kirk, played basketball at SMU from 1980-84. His brother, Brad, is in the NFL and with the Seattle Seahawks and has also had stints with the Cincinnati Bengals, New York Jets and Carolina Panthers.

“Tyler is an outstanding competitor that will add toughness, physicality, and versatility to our team. He is an elite shooter with tremendous work ethic and character. We are thrilled to have Tyler joining our program.” - Tim Jankovich

Last edited:

Eight

He redshirted at SMU last year. From last year‘s SMU roster—
Prep: Lundblade is a McDonald’s All-American nominee that averaged 10.6 points, 2.9 rebounds, 1.2 assists and hit 45% from three in 2020-21 at Greensboro Day School in North Carolina. He was an all-conference honoree that helped the team to a 24-6 record. The Dallas native spent his first three prep seasons at Grapevine Faith Christian School where he averaged 22.7 points in his career. In 2019-20 at GFCS, he averaged 28.1 points, 8.2 rebounds and 2.9 assists. He was named TAPPS District 1-5A MVP, 5A All-State and selected to the All-State Tournament Team after helping the Lions reach the 5A State semifinals.

Personal: His father, Kirk, played basketball at SMU from 1980-84. His brother, Brad, is in the NFL and with the Seattle Seahawks and has also had stints with the Cincinnati Bengals, New York Jets and Carolina Panthers.

“Tyler is an outstanding competitor that will add toughness, physicality, and versatility to our team. He is an elite shooter with tremendous work ethic and character. We are thrilled to have Tyler joining our program.” - Tim Jankovich

thanks for the information

you can be nominated for being a mcdonald's all-american averaging 10 a game? is this like being nominated for all-district by the coach who nominated his entire teams?