• The KillerFrogs

MBB Schedule

don

Posted now on GoFrogs. Sorry if previously discussed, but why are there so many important conference games on BIG 12 NOW ON ESPN+??

Eight

Posted now on GoFrogs. Sorry if previously discussed, but why are there so many important conference games on BIG 12 NOW ON ESPN+??

giphy.gif

TCUdirtbag

There are two options: whine or buy the subscription that’s cheaper than Netflix, Hulu, or Prime.

I think I know which KF.c will do.
And it’s both.

We might as well accept it. Not only is it they way the entire world is going, it’s where almost all our tier 3 is going next year.

jake102

There are two options: whine or buy the subscription that’s cheaper than Netflix, Hulu, or Prime.

I think I know which KF.c will do.
And it’s both.

We might as well accept it. Not only is it they way the entire world is going, it’s where almost all our tier 3 is going next year.

I think the problem is that it’s become a situation where you have to subscribe to so many things

The idea was that it used to cost ~$100/month for cable/satellite service. People got fed up and cut the cord. Netflix was $10 and a streaming service was $45. The total price of all the subscriptions is rapidly catching the old price of cable/satellite... and now you have a bunch of logins and payments

netty2424

I think the problem is that it’s become a situation where you have to subscribe to so many things

The idea was that it used to cost ~$100/month for cable/satellite service. People got fed up and cut the cord. Netflix was $10 and a streaming service was $45. The total price of all the subscriptions is rapidly catching the old price of cable/satellite... and now you have a bunch of logins and payments
Exactly the issue. I’ve been weary the cutting cord movement for this very reason. It was only a matter of time before you have 10 different subscriptions and you’re paying well above the previous rates, and before we know it, the cable/satellite companies are out of business with no option to return to that format.

Sounded cool, but people will end up paying more in the end, or simply missing the content they previously had access to.

jake102

Exactly the issue. I’ve been weary the cutting cord movement for this very reason. It was only a matter of time before you have 10 different subscriptions and you’re paying well above the previous rates, and before we know it, the cable/satellite companies are out of business with no option to return to that format.

Sounded cool, but people will end up paying more in the end, or simply missing the content they previously had access to.

Yeh... I figured it would eventually round itself out and end up being more expensive. Only counter argument is that you have a lot more content available through Netflix, Hulu, Disney, ESPN+, etc. And it’s all on demand, available to be watched whenever. But as a sports first fan who doesn’t watch much other than sports, I have worries

Billy Clyde

Not sure if sports bars are allowed to show ESPN+ content?

??? Wouldn't that be a subscription service that they would pay for just like any other? Are there other services that commercial enterprises can't show?

Edit: I preface the question by acknowledging being horribly unsophisticated about such matters, and admitting that I am one of the chumps who has been "slow-walked," into a burgeoning monthly number after cord-cutting. :)

Last edited:

Casey T

Hopefully they put a bunch of our baseball games on espn+. If so I'll buy it for Jan - May to watch basketball and baseball and then cancel