• The KillerFrogs

Maxwell drafted round

pgdfrog

Maxwell is a RS Jr., but is listed as a Sr. in the draft. Maybe they do that on years from HS. I thought he deserved better than 12th round. Any chance he returns you think?

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
QUOTE(Jake102 @ Jun 8 2010, 03:15 PM) [snapback]571745[/snapback]
Holle getting drafted before Maxwell is a slap in the face.

Even through his struggles Holle has remained a target of scouts. He is 6-8 and throws in the mid 90s.

FROGDADDY

QUOTE(Jake102 @ Jun 8 2010, 03:15 PM) [snapback]571745[/snapback]
Holle getting drafted before Maxwell is a slap in the face.

One is 6'8 and injury free. The other is 6'0 with a major arm surgery. Unfortunately that's how it works more often than not. Congrats to both either way.

jake102

I forgot about the major arm surgery thing... I still can't believe Holle got drafted in the 11th. He was really really bad this year.

But I'm hoping he figures it out and finds his way to the majors to represent TCU. Best of luck

Young and Horned

Holle has the build and the intangibles to make it. I think he is a bit of a headcase at this time. He needs to learn that he doesn't deserve anything, he needs to work for it and earn it.

FROGDADDY

QUOTE(Young and Horned @ Jun 8 2010, 05:44 PM) [snapback]571888[/snapback]
I think he is a bit of a headcase at this time. He needs to learn that he doesn't deserve anything, he needs to work for it and earn it.

I don't think that's the case.

Young and Horned

QUOTE(FROGDADDY @ Jun 8 2010, 05:48 PM) [snapback]571892[/snapback]
I don't think that's the case.

My opinion. At least he was like that his Freshman year.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
QUOTE(Young and Horned @ Jun 8 2010, 05:44 PM) [snapback]571888[/snapback]
Holle has the build and the intangibles to make it. I think he is a bit of a headcase at this time. He needs to learn that he doesn't deserve anything, he needs to work for it and earn it.

Wow. His head coach said he has done everything they have asked of him. If they asked him to lift more weights, he lifted more weights. If they asked him to lift less weights, he lifted less. If they asked to start, relieve, sit, stay, roll over, he did it without question.

Way to bash a TCU player without one ounce of fact or knowledge to back it up.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
QUOTE(Young and Horned @ Jun 8 2010, 05:49 PM) [snapback]571893[/snapback]

Your opinion, yet stated as if fact. You are wrong about Holle. That's a fact. Not opinion.

Frog79

QUOTE(Young and Horned @ Jun 8 2010, 05:49 PM) [snapback]571893[/snapback]

What do you base your opinion on? I used to work out with the baseball strength and conditioning coach in the varsity weight room when Greg was a Freshman. He and Carpenter were up there more than any of the other baseballers, at least when I was around. He didn't act like he was entitled to anything. Quite the opposite.

Houston Frog

FWIW... I only met Holle once, but he seemed like a good guy, every girl I know that has met Holle says he's "sweet", and every guy says he's a good dude.

maxmtex

Greg Holle works extremely hard and has a great attitude. He gave up a lot to come to TCU, and I hope he gets it going in the pros. The scouts believe he has the tools, and they are the experts (though I often claim to be an expert after a glass or two of wine).

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Me and 2314 met his brother, who played in the NCAA basketball tourney for Siena. SUPER nice guy.

The Holles don't come across anything like was said, that poster doesn't know what he's talking about and I think a mod should have removed those remarks a long time ago.