• The KillerFrogs

Max

VA Froggie

In football language Max is no longer a Freshman, UT saw a veteran QB. Yes he had an interception but he had control of the game and shined. Defense had four interceptions, what a fun day of football at ACS.

TRF51

Max is a tough kid. He took a beating and kept coming back for more. #99 out two big licks on him and I thought for sure he was going to stay down on the second one where he didn’t see it coming. He has taken a lot of punishment these last few games. I am glad he is a tough guy and physically strong but we might need to protect him better and tell him to slide more often.

Eight

Wait till we lose another game, the euphoria will come crashing down by all the bandwagon fans...

This kid’s best years are in front of him. If he was a stock I’d be buying. He’ll have some slumps, but his upside is terrific.

you are exactly right his best games are in front of him.

i suspect there will be a few young games in his future, but i think some of that will be mitigated by him consistently making the routine throws and not having to live and die with the more difficult throws.

consistency is always tough with young players, we have seen it not only week to week, but at times between throws. the best part is we saw improvement combined with the same solid decision making from max.

Mean Purple

Wait till we lose another game, the euphoria will come crashing down by all the bandwagon fans...

This kid’s best years are in front of him. If he was a stock I’d be buying. He’ll have some slumps, but his upside is terrific.
Yeah, he'll still have some ups and downs this season. But I think a big part of Saturday was they put him in position to win, which is really what coaches hope to do. Do that, and then it is just up to the players to execute. Only stays tough from here. So focus and fight.

The TCU Football Jerk

I never felt he was the reason for the season's previous woes. Coaching on both side of the ball (as well as special teams) have been more to blame.

VA Froggie

It takes 22 players to win a game, but Max looks different than when the season started which is why I said he is no longer a Freshman in football terms, he is arriving very quickly.

Froggish

Max is a great talent but we as fans need to be careful about inflating expectations for him. The goal should be to see progress every week towards being a complete QB. We saw a lot of progress this past week but we aren’t out of the woods yet. He needs to put two half’s of solid football together and continue to bring the best out of his teammates. Every QB has a bad day

Purdy who ripped our ass just a few weeks ago threw 3 4thQ pics Sat against OSU to lose it for ISU

Ehlinger, the so called best QB in our conference, just threw 4 pics against us

The difference is that good QBs still make themselves weapons even when things aren’t working out...That’s what I’m looking for over the remainder of the season

texas_sicilian

Doesn’t force plays, check
Goes through progressions, check
Calls productive audibles, check
Distributes the ball well, check
Makes blocks for WR/RB’s, check
Is beginning to use his run threat, check
Is getting better about overthrows, check
Is actually a deep ball threat, check
Had his first INT, and didn’t phase him, check
Is gaining respect as a team leader, check
Has a solid head on his shoulders, check
Is a student of the game & puts in time, check

All signs pointing in the right direction.

Last edited:
I did get a kick out of Brock Huard’s self-owning when he kept prattling on about senior QB vs. freshman QB only to see the senior QB later throw four interceptions.

Mean Purple

Max (and TCU) getting props tonight from College Football Tonight on ESPNU Sirius XM radio. Talking about the crowd of purple showing up. Mentioning Max, how the freshman showed up and played with moxie. Very cool, considering who the host of that show is. He would know.

Armadillo

I did get a kick out of Brock Huard’s self-owning when he kept prattling on about senior QB vs. freshman QB only to see the senior QB later throw four interceptions.

Who are you taking about? There were no seniors playing qb in that last game. Sam ehlinger is a junior. Max Duggan is a freshman. What senior qb are you referring to?

4th. down

Will be fun watching Max and Baldwin fight it out for the starting job next year.

It won't be close.

You will see a different TCU team at OSU. The entire team is NOW behind Max and the defense is feeding off the offense and vice versa. Max will be very difficult to beat out for the QB spot in the future. Sonny is letting him run the zone read where he keeps it. Opening up a lot of the defense, kinda reminds me of Mayfield.