• The KillerFrogs

Max still not sure about next season

bc puckett

Did anyone else hear Max in post game interview when he said he still wasn’t sure about what he would do next year
Yes. Not sure why anyone who actually had a clue would be surprised. He’s got another year of eligibility and may use it. Again it was always an option. Whether he uses it or not obviously remains to be seen

ShreveFrog

The great weapons around him will be gone. So I don’t see how he can raise his draft stock, if that’s what he’s interested in. Young man is throwing darts through tight windows. He’s ready.

bc puckett

The great weapons around him will be gone. So I don’t see how he can raise his draft stock, if that’s what he’s interested in. Young man is throwing darts through tight windows. He’s ready.
You never know. There will still be a lot of offensive talent on the roster. It will all come down to where he is projected in the draft and what he wants to do

Crazy stat—
Max Duggan has thrown only 3 interceptions in 12 games while throwing for 3070 yards and 29 touchdowns. 221 completions on 332 attempts for 66.6%. His last three years, he has only thrown 13 interceptions in 32 games.

And, yesterday’s ground level camera angle from the QB’s perspective gave a nice view of him “threading the needle,” showing little fear of being aggressive, at least in that game situation.

He has always taken care of the ball and that can be overlooked. I also don’t remember him fumbling much in the pocket or while running and taking his share of licks.

A college career of remarkable durability and leadership while always taking care of the ball and continuing to improve—very admirable.

Last edited:

McFroggin

max is gone after this season. He is a good kid and is keeping the focus on the team. No need to discuss a distraction right now. Did y’all really expect him to say “Im focusing on my draft stock right now. Im going to run less to protect my body and focus on sure-handed receivers only to minimize interceptions. The playoffs will be fun but im just looking forward earning millions”? That ain’t him. Nothing to see here except him being a quality Frog.

Sebastian S

We are going to win the national championship and his draft stock will go up.

So he should probably leave

Jokes aside(kinda), how can you not see this man play and not draft him? Never gives up and to my knowledge is pretty durable.

Wexahu

max is gone after this season. He is a good kid and is keeping the focus on the team. No need to discuss a distraction right now. Did y’all really expect him to say “Im focusing on my draft stick right now. Im going to run less to protect my body and focus on sure-handed receivers only to minimize interceptions. The playoffs will be fun but im just looking forward earning millions”? That ain’t him. Nothing to see here except him being a quality Frog.
I wouldn’t expect him to say it like that, but he said “I don’t know what I’m gonna do yet” or something along those lines. Strange thing to say if he knows he’s gone after this year. FWIW, I think he’ll move on too.

McFroggin

I wouldn’t expect him to say it like that, but he said “I don’t know what I’m gonna do yet” or something along those lines. Strange thing to say if he knows he’s gone after this year. FWIW, I think he’ll move on too.

What coach when asked admits to leaving for a new job next year before the season ends? It’s bad form. They all deny, then leave.

Wexahu

What coach when asked admits to leaving for a new job next year before the season ends? It’s bad form. They all deny, then leave.
It’s a little different when a player who just participates in Senior Day says he isn’t sure what he’s doing, isn’t it?

If he already knows what he’s doing, the only thing that could possibly be a distraction is for him to say he’s undecided. I doubt he knows for sure what he’s gonna do but I strongly suspect he’ll be in an NFL camp next fall.

4 Oaks Frog

Crazy stat—
Max Duggan has thrown only 3 interceptions in 12 games while throwing for 3070 yards and 29 touchdowns. 221 completions on 332 attempts for 66.6%. His last three years, he has only thrown 13 interceptions in 32 games.

And, yesterday’s ground level camera angle from the QB’s perspective gave a nice view of him “threading the needle,” showing little fear of being aggressive, at least in that game situation.

He has always taken care of the ball and that can be overlooked. I also don’t remember him fumbling much in the pocket or while running and taking his share of licks.

A college career of remarkable durability and leadership while always taking care of the ball and continuing to improve—very admirable.
Wish I could LIKE this a hundred times…

Eight

williams will be back as well as hudson, conwright, brown, the two freshman redshirts in allen and everhart, plus whatever talent comes in from signing and transfers

the only receiver they really don't project to have a similar replacement is quention and he has been hurt for over half the year. mix in the backs and the young tight ends and there are still plenty of potential weapons on the offense and some talent in the offensive line

PineyWoodsFrog

This is a light draft year for QB‘s in he NFL.. suspect he would be 3-5th rounder
I agree with this. I don't see him being drafted before round 3. One thing NFL scouts do in the off-season is nit-pick prospects to death. As much as he has improved, his accuracy, holding onto the ball in the pocket, and locking in on receivers without manipulating coverages with his eyes will definitely be on his list of weaknesses. His running ability helps a lot, but I feel scouts will view him more in the mold of Eric Crouch than a Josh Allen. He has improved his stock a lot this year, however.