• The KillerFrogs

Max is not the answer

tcumaniac

Our offensive issues are way more on meacham and the coaches than it is on max. Sure, Max continues to miss a few throws, but overall he has been a pretty good QB. Good enough to win most games.

Our play calling, on the other hand, continues to be way too cute at times, and others times, downright moronic. Some of the play calls as well as some of the disorganization of getting plays in yesterday was pathetic.

I still find it outrageously insulting to our program that our best option for the offense was to hire back meacham who we had fired and then who was fired mid season at Kansas.

All that to say, having the audacity to start a thread blaming Max after what Gary’s defense looked like yesterday is downright asinine

Froggish

were any of the o line or d line supposedly big time recruits?
Jenkins and Sorrells were well regarded but both are young. I don’t think Sorrells will ever contribute much here. IMO the Main issue is GP’s system is just to dated. Zero mystery in it and it’s way to reactionary.

Prime BEEF

FWIW

Max is 3rd in the big 12 in passer rating. Behind only bohanon (Baylor) and Shough (TT)

Yes the lost fumble really sucked but I do think some perspective is needed. Especially considering the defense is garbage and allowed 350yds rushing

ticketfrog123

Max isn’t elite but outside of ZE and QJ nothing in this program is. In a laundry list of flaws in this program I’d put Max pretty far down the list. His struggles are being magnified by a incompetent OC and QB coaches, disgustingly under talented and coached OL, and a stubborn HC who refuses to adapt and evolve. Is Max elite ? Hell no but last time I looked CFB is littered with starting QBs that are winning more games and not playing as well as Max.

This fanbase needs to stop getting drawn offsides by QB play and start seeing the incompetence happening on the sideline. If every QB you bring in for the last 5 years sucks than it probably stands to reason that the problem is systemic and coaching related.
Put Duggan on Clemson / Bama / Ohio state - he’d still suck and would’ve been benched by now

He’s not some secret god-tier QB that we’re holding back…he’s Grayson Muhlstein caliber (Bram is better than Duggan) but Gary is playing favorites and defending him to our demise

ticketfrog123

FWIW

Max is 3rd in the big 12 in passer rating. Behind only bohanon (Baylor) and Shough (TT)

Yes the lost fumble really sucked but I do think some perspective is needed. Especially considering the defense is garbage and allowed 350yds rushing
56th in QBR - nobody uses passer rating

StealthFrog

Our offensive issues are way more on meacham and the coaches than it is on max. Sure, Max continues to miss a few throws, but overall he has been a pretty good QB. Good enough to win most games.

Our play calling, on the other hand, continues to be way too cute at times, and others times, downright moronic. Some of the play calls as well as some of the disorganization of getting plays in yesterday was pathetic.

I still find it outrageously insulting to our program that our best option for the offense was to hire back meacham who we had fired and then who was fired mid season at Kansas.

All that to say, having the audacity to start a thread blaming Max after what Gary’s defense looked like yesterday is downright asinine
This. It’s like we are constantly thinking of a play to run that will always be the opposite of what the other team thinks your going to do instead of us dictating play and doing what we do best.. Like the first series of the 2nd half. “Let’s drop back and throw it here even though we have an elite running back because they are probably expecting us to run”

Jackson

This loss was a Team Effort or more a non-effort. When TV Announcers correctly call out TCU’s Players for lack of effort; Fort Worth we have a problem. BTW they could have made that statement after countless plays
but Van Zandt’s “flag football” like tackle on a SMU TD was a excellent example.
WTFawk is wrong with this Team? Maybe the question s/b…..Is there anything right?

Prime BEEF

56th in QBR - nobody uses passer rating
Wrong. ESPN hasn’t updated their stats to include the smu game. That qbr ranking is from last week. However it will likely be around the same after the stats are updated.

Passer rating is still an important statistic and is relevant. Especially when some are saying his worse characteristic is his inability to pass. Seems very relevant to that discussion

ticketfrog123

Wrong. ESPN hasn’t updated their stats to include the smu game. That qbr ranking is from last week. However it will likely be around the same after the stats are updated.

Passer rating is still an important statistic and is relevant. Especially when some are saying his worse characteristic is his inability to pass. Seems very relevant to that discussion
I highly doubt this SMU game or any conference games will boost his stats

He’s ranked 113 as a QB on PFF against Cal and an FCS team - go cherry-pick your stats he’s nowhere near the QB we should have

Big Frog II

Max was okay, not horrible, not great. Still would have won the game if our defense hadn't been absolutely atrocious. They were some play calls that were totally bizarre. Why wasn't our best rb in on the 4th and 1?

I will say our QB recruits since Boykin have not been stellar. Kenny Hill was pretty good, but he was a transfer. Prove me wrong.

Jackson

We would have scored 50 if our defense could have stopped SMU a few times.

This was on the defense.
What Defense are you referring to? TCU has decided to go with the ZERO Defense scheme for 2021 and the players have really picked it up quickly.
The Defensive Coaches need to revisit the “basics” such as how to tackle. This Team can’t tackle. They essentially missed every first shot in the open field which leads to long runs.

Paul in uhh

Well I'd argue his decision to keep it when we were on our own 5, then proceeded to fumble for an eventual quick score, was kinda the nail in the coffin. We could have come back, but that was a pretty big energy sucking moment.
There were still 2 quarters of football to play after that

Latest posts