• The KillerFrogs

Max Duggan for The Heisman

A friend told me last night that in mid-Nov. he got 125-1 odds on Duggan to win the Heisman. He told me they were and are offering to buy out his $500 bet, both before and after yesterday’s game.

He still thinks that Duggan will win that Heisman. I told him that I think he would’ve had a good chance if Duggan’s final reach to that goal line had won the game.

Last edited:

tcufrogprince1

I haven't seen anyone putting much of a Heisman campaign together. About 10 years ago I reached the point where I didn't care much about it. Nice for Max if he gets to NYC, but meh otherwise.
I really didn't look ro see on others, but you are right. Not much campaigning by anyone. I wonder if that was a new rule or something. Odd that no one did.

puckster59

I know stats matter, especially when voters don’t watch games. But he sure as heck would have won my vote yesterday simply because of grit. He was the very picture of a throwback football player. Bleeding from multiple areas. Using every last bit of oxygen and strength on a drive for the ages. And that was after getting knocked down what seemed like at least a dozen times, including one particularly brutal rib shot by a blitzing DB in the second half. He’s gotta be one hurting dude this morning.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
I guess Simms deleted his tweet? Speaking of deleted tweets, does Caleb Williams' snarky tweet about Duggan hurt his Heisman chances (thereby helping Max's) or is it likely that most have already voted at this point?
It feels like there has been a huge momentum shift towards Duggan but maybe it occurred a week too late for the voting to be meaningfully impacted. Williams seems to be showing his true colors recently with the arrogant Heisman pose, the fingernail painting, the pouty response to the Utah loss, and now the snarky Duggan tweet that he deleted (but everyone saw or has heard about it already).
What are the latest thoughts on the matter? Does Max have a remote chance? Is he a legitimate candidate for the second place spot?
They had Estridge on XM College Sports today for quite a while. The XM guys were were gushing about Max. Both are voters and said DT Athletic Club sends out a message to all voters reminding them not to turn in ballots until the season was over. I think one of them is the former tOSU LB Bobby Carpenter. They did say they were prohibited to discuss their votes. Both were very impressed with Max’s heart and toughness.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
They're gonna hand it to the USC crapsack. Most of the "voters" did so last week, before any of the games of this last weekend were even played. It's a beauty contest, and the USC crapsack has the nicest legs...