• The KillerFrogs

Max Duggan for The Heisman

Rabidfrog

I hope he can get the Heisman and Davey O'Brien!

No quarterback deserves them more. Can't convince me otherwise.
Shoo in for the Davey if he doesn't get the H. Detractors would say it was a TCU deal, but stats alone do not tell the story. Thing about a PAC qb getting the H is that the competition in that league isn't so hot.

Tshirt Fan

Max Duggan has played on an entirely different level this year.
It is not just his never say die attitude, he also has been on target.
The announcers for the game last night repeatedly proclaimed his car wash passes.
It is unreal the improvement in his passing ability this year vs. prior years.

tcufrogprince1

Crazy stat—
Max Duggan has thrown only 3 interceptions in 12 games while throwing for 3070 yards and 29 touchdowns. 221 completions on 332 attempts for 66.6%. His last three years, he has only thrown 13 interceptions in 32 games.

And, yesterday’s ground level camera angle from the QB’s perspective gave a nice view of him “threading the needle,” showing little fear of being aggressive, in that game situation.

Throughout his career he has taken care of the ball and that can be overlooked. I also don’t remember him fumbling much in the pocket or while running and taking his share of licks.

A college career of remarkable durability and leadership while always taking care of the ball and continuing to improve—very admirable.

Caleb Williams has 34 TD’s and only 3 picks with 3712 passing yards. 65.8% on 268 completions. He has similar rushing yards to Duggan (351 to Duggan’s 294, both with 97 carries). CJ Stroud has 37 TD’s and 6 picks with 3340 yards passing, 66.2% on 235 completions, but he does not run like Williams and Duggan. As of today, Williams likely wins the Heisman but maybe Duggan would place 2nd. My vote might be for Duggan #1, because I have to believe he is the bettter leader, with great character.
Not sure why TCU hasn't put the marketing into Duggan for Heisman. Thats the biggest disappointment in my book.

I haven't seen anyone putting much of a Heisman campaign together. About 10 years ago I reached the point where I didn't care much about it. Nice for Max if he gets to NYC, but meh otherwise.
It is more behind-the-scenes harass the media, voters etc. with tape and stats, meet-and-greets, etc. and not so much bumper stickers these days. @Gary's Shirtless Revenge can probably elaborate further (or correct me).

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
It is more behind-the-scenes harass the media, voters etc. with tape and stats, meet-and-greets, etc. and not so much bumper stickers these days. @Gary's Shirtless Revenge can probably elaborate further (or correct me).
Was in the car all morning driving home from Fort Worth. ESPN Radio was wall-to-wall pimping the USC kid. Nothing but relentless hype.

I think of it like "payola" from the olden days of radio.