• The KillerFrogs

Max Duggan for The Heisman

ftwfrog

Animated GIF

If it's too much of a beating, [ get out of here ].
Sounds like a bunch of entitled crybabies whose candidate didn’t win a beauty contest.

“Max was the only one who looked the former winners in the eye!”
“Max was the best dressed!”
“Max has the best handshake!”
“Caleb’s clothes are too big!”
“Oh my goodness the tags are on his suit!”

Get a grip.

Dogfrog

Sounds like a bunch of entitled crybabies whose candidate didn’t win a beauty contest.

Get a grip.
You left out “Caleb paints ‘ Utah’ on his fingernails”

HFrog1999

Get a grip.

Says the guy complaining about what people post

Get a grip, lol

There’s nothing more Karen than complaining about other people complaining

To be clear, I’m not complaining about you complaining about people complaining

I just find it funny

Never change

the force awakens GIF by Star Wars

ftwfrog

Says the guy complaining about what people post

Get a grip, lol

There’s nothing more Karen than complaining about other people complaining

To be clear, I’m not complaining about you complaining about people complaining

I just find it funny

Never change

the force awakens GIF by Star Wars
I’m not complaining about people complaining. I’m bitching about people acting like [hundinnen ].

Huge difference!:p

TooColdU

Get a grip.

Yet you're the one always crying about the board. Live and let live.

Edit: I see the point was already made.

Just go spend your time doing something else if you hate it so much. Welcome to the internet.

Last edited:
You have to really question how many of the 870 media who participate in voting actually watched many of the games.

My HR department can send me training videos and can track whether or not we watch the videos. Surely an organization with the resources of the Heisman Trust can create a similar system that requires voters to watch a minimum number of recorded games of the top candidates and then track whether or not they watched them in order to verify their vote.

I'm not saying this would have changed the overall outcome, but in this day and age, with all the technology available, there really is no excuse to not have highly educated voters.

HFrog1999

You have to really question how many of the 870 media who participate in voting actually watched many of the games.

My HR department can send me training videos and can track whether or not we watch the videos. Surely an organization with the resources of the Heisman Trust can create a similar system that requires voters to watch a minimum number of recorded games of the top candidates and then track whether or not they watched them in order to verify their vote.

I'm not saying this would have changed the overall outcome, but in this day and age, with all the technology available, there really is no excuse to not have highly educated voters.

Yeah, but the purpose of the Heisman Trophy is to promote the Heisman foundation. So hype, marketing, popularity, eyeballs are part of the equation. There’s no benefit in awarding obscure or little known players.

Davey O’s Heisman probably had a lot to do with Amon Carter’s promotion and influence.

I’m just happy Max brought home the Davey O’Brien and Johnny Unitas awards.

That’s amazing!

Wexahu

Well, there are quite a few people here who seem to know who should have won. I wonder how many non-TCU games were watched to come to that conclusion.

I would guess the people who vote probably take a little time to do their research, more than the average fan since they have somewhat of an obligation, but I’m sure they just make assumptions and are swayed by public opinion quite a bit.

Well, there are quite a few people here who seem to know who should have won. I wonder how many non-TCU games were watched to come to that conclusion.

I would guess the people who vote probably take a little time to do their research, more than the average fan since they have somewhat of an obligation, but I’m sure they just make assumptions and are swayed by public opinion quite a bit.
I think you’re off the mark here. Many sports writers don’t have time to watch on Saturdays because they are covering a single game most of the day.

I don’t think it’s reasonable to assume the majority are recording games and watching them of their own volition later, either. They have other stories to chase all week.

I do think they rely heavily on ESPN reporting and stats, as well as other colleagues coverage of the games in newspapers and online. There’s a real groupthink dynamic with many of these guys and they rely on it for affirmation.

Chieves

I was shocked it was Caleb Williams, I thought Max was the most-likely winner given the momentum he was playing with recently.

Williams also pulled off some pretty phenomenal work while injured during the Pac12 championship game, hobbling on one leg. Some of his footwork and accuracy pretty much sealed the deal in my head.

I think if TCU had won their game, it may have been enough to pull off the upset, but oh well.

FrogBall09

you realize a lot of the people who have a Heisman vote are some the same idiots that have an AP vote each week also....

Wexahu

you realize a lot of the people who have a Heisman vote are some the same idiots that have an AP vote each week also....
Right. I don't really consider them all idiots, but oh well.

There are roughly 55 D1 games each weekend. How in the hell can you expect anyone to watch 20% of them, much less all of them? I assume they have lives too. And I doubt anyone here saw every game that Caleb Williams, CJ Stroud, or Stenson Bennett, or any of the Top 10 candidates played this year.....like I assume you did MD's. So all the voters are to some degree uninformed and making their picks based on something other than what is seen on the field.

FrogBall09

Right. I don't really consider them all idiots, but oh well.

There are roughly 55 D1 games each weekend. How in the hell can you expect anyone to watch 20% of them, much less all of them? I assume they have lives too. And I doubt anyone here saw every game that Caleb Williams, CJ Stroud, or Stenson Bennett, or any of the Top 10 candidates played this year.....like I assume you did MD's. So all the voters are to some degree uninformed and making their picks based on something other than what is seen on the field.
Well I would hope if you are given a vote and decided to cast it- that each person would make a concerted effort to watch the top candidates since you can find all these games on the internet after the fact - but I doubt it which is why it perfectly acceptable to question their votes