• The KillerFrogs

Max Duggan for The Heisman

froginmn

Don't get this at all. Stroud had a frigging awful day last week and a very mediocre day yesterday.

According to that he has a decent chance of going to New York. Lots of hype from talking heads that weren't on the bandwagon before, also.

200w.gif

grt

Caleb and Max are neck n neck. They both throw the ball well enough. I like Max's long ball better. They both run exceptionally well for QB's but I think Max is the better and tougher of the two. I don't think Caleb can take the punishment that Max has had and still be standing. The media is comimg around and realizing that Max is just a talented and tough SOB!

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Max has never really been on any of the Big Network Blabbermouth lists, and thus is a New Thing for those yahoos to talk about.

It'd be wonderful for him to have two monster games in a row and become the Cool, Stylish Pick and actually have a chance at the award.

Hic Sunt Dracones!

tcufrogprince1

It's sad to think he truly could be the best college qb and not even go to the selection.
I think we all agree he is a great qb. What do yall think about his chances in the NFL. Dalton did ok and I see Max as very similar except for the fact that he also runs well. What would be the ideal team for his development at the next level?

tcufrogprince1

Max surely had a lot of eyes on him Saturday, especially those last two drives when he had clutch passes and runs for another come from behind win. If we go 13-0 and he plays well, I think he'll get a trip to NYC. He's been terrific.
I hope so. The SEC BIG 10 glazed eyes are pretty strong. It's such a good story too. The amount he has overcome is just amazing.

Crazy stat—
Max Duggan has thrown only 3 interceptions in 12 games while throwing for 3070 yards and 29 touchdowns. 221 completions on 332 attempts for 66.6%. His last three years, he has only thrown 13 interceptions in 32 games.

And, yesterday’s ground level camera angle from the QB’s perspective gave a nice view of him “threading the needle,” showing little fear of being aggressive, in that game situation.

Throughout his career he has taken care of the ball and that can be overlooked. I also don’t remember him fumbling much in the pocket or while running and taking his share of licks.

A college career of remarkable durability and leadership while always taking care of the ball and continuing to improve—very admirable.

Caleb Williams has 34 TD’s and only 3 picks with 3712 passing yards. 65.8% on 268 completions. He has similar rushing yards to Duggan (351 to Duggan’s 294, both with 97 carries). CJ Stroud has 37 TD’s and 6 picks with 3340 yards passing, 66.2% on 235 completions, but he does not run like Williams and Duggan. As of today, Williams likely wins the Heisman but maybe Duggan would place 2nd. My vote might be for Duggan #1, because I have to believe he is the bettter leader, with great character.

Last edited: