• The KillerFrogs

Matt Rhule Press Conference At 4:00 PM....

Eight

anyone know morse code?

i suspect the cult in waco has called the press conference to prove all is well in sodom on the brazos and rhule might try to send a message asking for help

giphy.gif

BankerFrog

pos
Did you link the correct tweet?

possibly not lol, I'm at work and we cant get on Twitter, but I tried to copy the link -- but I can't verify it's the right one.

UPDATE: Jets and Matt Rhule will speak again today about the open HC position. It's expected that if offered, Rhule will accept the job. This could be over by 6PM #Jets #Baylor #NFL https://t.co/VdmYQInH8U

— Karl Abramson (@karlabramson) January 9, 2019

Frog-in-law1995

pos

possibly not lol, I'm at work and we cant get on Twitter, but I tried to copy the link -- but I can't verify it's the right one.

UPDATE: Jets and Matt Rhule will speak again today about the open HC position. It's expected that if offered, Rhule will accept the job. This could be over by 6PM #Jets #Baylor #NFL https://t.co/VdmYQInH8U

— Karl Abramson (@karlabramson) January 9, 2019

I saw that, but where are you seeing that he’s called a press conference for 4pm?

FrogCop19

I want him to be gone.

Because Rhule is too likeable. I hate Baylor, but Rhule is a good guy. He deserves better than Baylor

I want Baylor to go back to having a scumbag slimeball as a coach so I can hate hate hate hate.

I agree with this. Some are asking do people have press conferences to say they are staying/leaving? I think only a-hole people like Franchione or Herman just leave in the middle of the night.

I, too, think Rhule is a good guy. So much so that even CMFP has gone record saying that he likes him. Either way, Rhule will hold a presser: to let his intentions of leaving be known before the rumor mill gets too much farther, or to quench any rumor and state definitively that he is staying.

Wexahu

Unpopular hot take incoming - I'd prefer to make $3-$4MM in Waco than $4MM in NYC.

Me too. I'd rather make $2M in Waco than $4M in NYC.

Waco is no paradise, that's for sure, but I can do 99% of the things I want to do in a city the size of Waco, I don't need the extra BS.

MinFrog

Unpopular hot take incoming - I'd prefer to make $3-$4MM in Waco than $4MM in NYC.
hell no. it isn't about the next 2-3 years, you have to think that he is rolling the dice that he does a good job and gets a good HC job. he can always come back to a waco type situation and get 3-4M

LVH

I don't get it, though

Baylor fans told us Rhule turned down tons of jobs like Oregon, Florida State, Alabama, USC, Dallas Cowboys, Pittsburgh Steelers, New York Yankees, Manchester United, U.S. Men's Olympic Basketball team just so he could go to Waco instead.

Opintel

Moderators
You don't have to live in NYC...you get a very nice home in the 'burbs.

Long term, it's better to dip the toe in NFL water, even if it doesn't work out. NFL experience, whatever that really means, is valuable in the marketplace.

jake102

I completely understand what you’re saying, financially speaking, but surely even in New York City $4 million a year can get you a pretty good living situation.

Nah it's not just about the money/cost of living. I'd rather be able to buy a nice ranch, huge house in the Waco general area and have more than enough money to visit NYC in luxury whenever I want.