• The KillerFrogs

Masters week!

JogginFrog

Masters.com has a great feature that allows you to watch a player's full round in about 12 minutes. Watched Tom Hoge.
  • He drove it great with the exception of #13. I think he hit 11 of 14 fairways. Unfortunately, the one miss cost him 2 shots, though he pulled one back with a 53-foot putt. (I give him a pass on his opening drive into the bunker--that's a brutal driving hole even without first-tee jitters.)
  • The attackable par-4s on Thursday were 7, 9 and 14. He was in the fairway with a wedge in hand on all of them, but he didn't even manage a putt for birdie. All those targets are tiny, but a missed opportunity for a good ball striker. Same result with a longer club on less-attackable holes 10 and 18. He'll figure out the distance control at AN in time.
  • He lipped out birdie putts on 4, 8, 12--and grazed the hole on 17. Sometimes it just doesn't drop.
  • A low-stress 73 is a strong debut. If he drives it as well tomorrow, he'll play the weekend.

Tiger caught a tough break today. Winds expected to be 20-25 mph by the time he tees off.

Early tee times get winds 10-15 mph or less, and many of the top ranked players are playing early today.

If he survives today within 5 shots, then anything may be possible. Temps in the 50s tomorrow won't help him, though.

Bob Sugar

Is there any way to just follow one group (Hoge)?
There is a time delay, but as mentioned above, you can go to Masters.com, then click on a player’s name on the leaderboard, and you can watch every shot. Yesterday, I was watching the featured groups on one tab and following Colonial member Ryan Palmer shot for shot.

JogginFrog

Hole 15 very entertaining to watch with the pin way left--no real advantage to laying up. Sungjae just rinsed one long and Leishman short in the group behind Hoge; Leishman's ball almost settled on the front of the green but rolled back in the pond.