• The KillerFrogs

Marquee football games staying at The Carter.!?!

Putt4Purple

Are there any Big time Marqee football teams coming to play at The Carter in the next few years and NOT be moved to play at Jerry World. I for one was irritated that LSU and Ohio State were changed to a one game series at AT&T. Hopefully never again. Hopefully we are winning again and relevant again for this to matter. Go Frogs!

Are there any Big time Marqee football teams coming to play at The Carter in the next few years and NOT be moved to play at Jerry World. I for one was irritated that LSU and Ohio State were changed to a one game series at AT&T. Hopefully never again. Hopefully we are winning again and relevant again for this to matter. Go Frogs!
No to your first question, and so N/A to the second part.

TCU, having known since 18-19 that our future conference participation/membership could be shaky, hasn’t overcommitted our non-conf availability as of 2024. Dykes and co., depending on what happens, will have an opportunity to add more fun non-conf games if it makes sense.

Putt4Purple

No to your first question, and so N/A to the second part.

TCU, having known since 18-19 that our future conference participation/membership could be shaky, hasn’t overcommitted our non-conf availability as of 2024. Dykes and co., depending on what happens, will have an opportunity to add more fun non-conf games if it makes sense.
Thanks for answering my simple question in a coherent civil manner. That seems hard to come by nowadays here on Killer frogs. Some deem themselves above the peons for asking simple questions. The overseers of their perceived Domain. No matter I will keep on asking questions.
Thank again.

Big Frog II

Thanks for answering my simple question in a coherent civil manner. That seems hard to come by nowadays here on Killer frogs. Some deem themselves above the peons for asking simple questions. The overseers of their perceived Domain. No matter I will keep on asking questions.
Thank again.
We really don't have a marquee game already scheduled worth moving to AT&T Stadium. If we go to 8 conference games in the future, that may open up some dates for us to do that. Personally I hope we just play home and home. Of course with our TV contract that could very well mean we play a 2 P.M. game in Amon Carter in early September which reeks. At least AT&T is air conditioned.

froginaustin

I don't ever want to see a TCU Administration sell out a game of the magnitude the Ohio State matchup was for whatever. That still pisses me off. Yeah, CDC got his 7 tons of silver, but we lost a fabulous opportunity and the possibility of one of the greatest games ever held at ACS.

This has some real points^^^, but IIRC it was a take-it-or-leave-it offer from Ohio State-- drop the home-and-home and play 1 game in the pro stadium or tOSU buys itself out of the whole contract. Under the circumstances, I can understand the "take" decision by TCU, particularly with a big payday as a sweetener.

What I hope we never have to see again is TCU signing a contract for a home-and-home giving the other side that much leverage. I have no idea how such a contract could be worded.

Of course if TCU doesn't get more big TV game worthy, I doubt it'll occur to anyone to move one of our games to JerraWorld any more than SMU would get a game there.