• The KillerFrogs

March Madness Thread

LVH

Looks like back to back Elite 8 trips for Tech despite losing 4 starters from last season.

Beard is a hell of a coach.

Getting 2 of the best grad transfers on the market certainly helped. It's not like he developed a ton of freshman

Pharm Frog

Getting 2 of the best grad transfers on the market certainly helped. It's not like he developed a ton of freshman

Getting two of the best grad transfers on the market is a significant sign of being a good coach. Pretty sure the allure of Lubbock wasn't the reason they found themselves on the South Plains (although maybe the south plains was preferable to the north plains for Mooney)

Eight

how a staff brings talent into their programs has changed and having a program where it takes players 3+ years to make a big impact are going to struggle to keep up

beard also got more out of some of his frosh than tcu has to point. aside from bane which first year player has made a significant impact over the course of a season.

Wexahu

Watching this Tech team play D is the basketball equivalent of watching a good GP defense. Everyone on the same page and dialed in and they just outwork people. Yes, Michigan missed shots but they hardly took any in rhythm because it’s like they were shocked to even get a look. Generally I don’t like Tech but it’s very hard to root against this team, they play exactly how I would want a team to play.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
Yes they are a rival, but I was treated well when I went out there, and I for one would like to see Tech make a huge run. Wreck em.

DickBumpastache

Is this a serious post? Culver is easily their best player. What else would you call that besides ‘development’?

I wonder if we made a serious run at Beard when we had a vacancy. All due respect to JD, I think Beard is showing he’s a top 5-10 coach nationally. Would’ve loved to have seen our team play his style of ball.

LawFrog504

That's a sign of a good coach. Concinving a kid to come from New York City to Lubbock. A lot better than losing 4 players in a week

LawFrog504

Is this a serious post? Culver is easily their best player. What else would you call that besides ‘development’?

I wonder if we made a serious run at Beard when we had a vacancy. All due respect to JD, I think Beard is showing he’s a top 5-10 coach nationally. Would’ve loved to have seen our team play his style of ball.
Beard is indisputably top 10 or top 5 coach

Bizarro Frog

Last year Tech got beat in the Elite 8 by the eventual champion Villanova. This year I have a feeling the winner of Tech vs Gonzaga will play North Carolina in the final and win.

Froggish

In hoops the sign of a good coach is how smart a team his is, how much effort they play with, and how committed they are on the defensive end of the floor...Since moving to Tech, Beard’s teams have excelled at all of those things..

He’s a rising star in college hoops...Hate that he’s at Tech

King of Fun

Wishful thinking. More roots in Austin.
Ignorance. Graduated from UT, and was an assistant for a few years. That's it. Was an assistant at Tech for ten years under Bob and Pat Knight. His daughters live in Abiliene.

We as rivals of tech love to think a good coach like him would move on to something better. Im not so sure that's the case here. Got some family and friends pretty closely connect to the program/Tech athletics. By all accounts he's happier than a pig in poop there and is building the program his way and has no interest in starting over again in a year or two.

Dogfrog

Ignorance. Graduated from UT, and was an assistant for a few years. That's it. Was an assistant at Tech for ten years under Bob and Pat Knight. His daughters live in Abiliene.

We as rivals of tech love to think a good coach like him would move on to something better. Im not so sure that's the case here. Got some family and friends pretty closely connect to the program/Tech athletics. By all accounts he's happier than a pig in poop there and is building the program his way and has no interest in starting over again in a year or two.

“We” lol