• The KillerFrogs

March Madness Thread

TooColdU

Pretty whack that 13-seed UC Irvine gets to play K-State in California.

With that said, what a horrible game by Barry Brown Jr.

Missing Dean Wade was a factor for sure, but that same team made the elite eight last year without him

ATC Frog

Pretty whack that 13-seed UC Irvine gets to play K-State in California.

With that said, what a horrible game by Barry Brown Jr.

Missing Dean Wade was a factor for sure, but that same team made the elite eight last year without him

I get what you’re saying, but Irvine and San Jose are nowhere near each other.

Casey T

K state wins the best b-ball conference and then [ Finebaum ]s the bed in the first round. Not a good look for the B12, luckily the rest of the conference is holding up their end

Eight

K state wins the best b-ball conference and then [ steaming pile of Orgeron ]s the bed in the first round. Not a good look for the B12, luckily the rest of the conference is holding up their end

who said the big 12 was the best basketball conference?

i have to say the acc looks much tougher at the top and there is some quality in the next tier as well

MTfrog5

i have to say the acc looks much tougher at the top and there is some quality in the next tier as well
ACC is hot garbage at the bottom though. The double round robin really hurts the Big 12 in how teams beat up on each other. The weirdest game of the year was Kstate getting boat raced by A&M in the SEC challenge

Eight

ACC is hot garbage at the bottom though. The double round robin really hurts the Big 12 in how teams beat up on each other. The weirdest game of the year was Kstate getting boat raced by A&M in the SEC challenge

atm has some talent, they were just poorly coached and when you look at kstate who was their best non-conference win?

missouri? vandy?

they played well together, but never saw them as a great team this year and i think their winning the big 12 this year was as much problems at kansas and texas [ Finebaum ]ting the bed with all their talent.

good to very good at times yes, but the big 12 was a conference without a great team or teams as in years past.

it was a very competitive conference, but i am not sure this year that means it stacked up well against some of the other conferences.

the top 5 of the acc to me this year is pretty damn solid and i would compare their mid with most conferences. bottom was bad, but so were okstate and wvu for most of the year.

Casey T

#1 according to RPI. And BPI back in January, not sure if that’s still the case

Eight

#1 according to RPI. And BPI back in January, not sure if that’s still the case

according to rpi kansas is the top team in the conference as well, but part of that comes from the two early wins they had against michigan state and tennessee when they still had an elite big man and vick had not gone off the deep end.

the one problem when things are based on numbers is they don't make adjustments for the fact that the kansas team that started the year was not the same team that finished in 3rd place in the conference.

i am most likely wrong, but i can't see a conference being considered the best when the highest seeds that came out of it was a couple of 3 seeds.

Purp

K state wins the best b-ball conference and then [ steaming pile of Orgeron ]s the bed in the first round. Not a good look for the B12, luckily the rest of the conference is holding up their end
That EMAW squad was hot garbage without Wade early on. Wade came back just in time for them to get hot in conference play. In fact, I think his first game back was against us the first time. After that first game against us they were the best team in the conference. Now that he's out again it's no shock to me that they're struggling. I don't see this as embarrassing for the conference. Quite predictable, IMO.

MTfrog5

atm has some talent, they were just poorly coached and when you look at kstate who was their best non-conference win?

missouri? vandy?

they played well together, but never saw them as a great team this year and i think their winning the big 12 this year was as much problems at kansas and texas [ steaming pile of Orgeron ]ting the bed with all their talent.

good to very good at times yes, but the big 12 was a conference without a great team or teams as in years past.

it was a very competitive conference, but i am not sure this year that means it stacked up well against some of the other conferences.

the top 5 of the acc to me this year is pretty damn solid and i would compare their mid with most conferences. bottom was bad, but so were okstate and wvu for most of the year.
Just a reminder that OSU beat LSU earlier in the year before conference started

Eight

Just a reminder that OSU beat LSU earlier in the year before conference started

radford beat texas in austin then texas beats unc

tulsa beat ksu

the phrasing i think the committee used was total body of work and not just an individual game or conference play.

using that criteria i see one very good team in tech who had a 3-game losing streak as the most consistent team in the conference.

kansas st had no impressive out of conference wins and without wade are average at best on a national level.

kansas started out with potential before losing some key pieces and then never having the one player eligible.

texas flashed early with the win against unc and playing michigan state tough before [ Finebaum ]ting on themselves.

tcu flashed when they got jaylen back and then things went to crap.

baylor was better than expected, iowa state was streaky as ever, and ou was better than expected.

Last edited:

Casey T

That EMAW squad was hot garbage without Wade early on. Wade came back just in time for them to get hot in conference play. In fact, I think his first game back was against us the first time. After that first game against us they were the best team in the conference. Now that he's out again it's no shock to me that they're struggling. I don't see this as embarrassing for the conference. Quite predictable, IMO.

K-State was 4-2 without dean wade until the post season. I wouldn’t call that hot garbage.

And I stand by my feeling that a team who won arguably the best b-ball conference should not lose to a 12 seed because they lost one player to injury

Purp

K-State was 4-2 without dean wade until the post season. I wouldn’t call that hot garbage.

And I stand by my feeling that a team who won arguably the best b-ball conference should not lose to a 12 seed because they lost one player to injury
Kinda like us last year?

I've said all conference season that Dean Wade may not be the best player in the league, but he is easily the most valuable player in the league to his team.