• The KillerFrogs

March Madness Thread

TooColdU

These refs screwed up a great game. Guy slipped on his own but he got rewarded free throws.

Then Guy hacks Moretti but the refs take a 5-minute review with disputable evidence and give the ball to Virginia. I guess the storyline was too good to pass up.

Virginia has gotten very lucky all tournament

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Dn0lqD4W0AAKpEb.jpg

Wexahu

Culver ended up 5 for 22, 0-6 on threes. Hard to overcome that.

Those two guards for Virginia are tough to handle and Hunter played awesome. As ineffective as Culver and a Mooney were it was amazing Tech took it to overtime. Owens being gimpy might’ve been the difference.

PO Frog

These refs screwed up a great game. Guy slipped on his own but he got rewarded free throws.

Then Guy hacks Moretti but the refs take a 5-minute review with disputable evidence and give the ball to Virginia. I guess the storyline was too good to pass up.

Virginia has gotten very lucky all tournament
Maybe you didn’t notice but tech hacks every ball handler on every possession and rarely get called for a reach in. Hard to argue they get screwed by refs.

Pharm Frog

Maybe you didn’t notice but tech hacks every ball handler on every possession and rarely get called for a reach in. Hard to argue they get screwed by refs.

I agree with this and with the fact that UVA hacks and reaches in on every possession as well. This was being talked about all day long on sports talk radio. My point would be that if you are going to stop the game for 4 minutes to see if a ball went out after being touched by someone's fingernail, you should be able to say wouldn't have happened if the player hadn't been fouled.

PO Frog

I agree with this and with the fact that UVA hacks and reaches in on every possession as well. This was being talked about all day long on sports talk radio. My point would be that if you are going to stop the game for 4 minutes to see if a ball went out after being touched by someone's fingernail, you should be able to say wouldn't have happened if the player hadn't been fouled.
That’s my problem with replay in basketball. Lots of times refs let contact go uncalled because they just give possession to the team and move on. But if replay shows otherwise, you can’t go back and call the foul. Exactly what
Happened tonight. They were not calling the foul because they want to give tech the benefit of the fast break, but it backfires and ultimately screws tech.