• The KillerFrogs

Mad Max for Heisman

HornyWartyToad

If he keeps playing like this he will win the Heisman.
No. Sadly because of the media culture of trying to be first, he's shut out because he wasn't on the list before the season began and worse yet, didn't start the first game. I'd love to be wrong.

ECoastFrog

No. Sadly because of the media culture of trying to be first, he's shut out because he wasn't on the list before the season began and worse yet, didn't start the first game. I'd love to be wrong.
Baker Mayfield and Kyler Murray both got benched at Tech before they transferred to OU, and then both won the Heisman.

HornyWartyToad

Baker Mayfield and Kyler Murray both got benched at Tech before they transferred to OU, and then both won the Heisman.
Both were named starters before the season began and got preseason hype. I doubt if there has ever been a Heisman winner who wasn't a starter to open the season. I'd be thrilled for Max to get that kind of attention. I just don't expect the process to be that fair.

TechAdvisor

Kyler Murray never played for Tech.

Baker wasn't the starter coming out of fall camp. Baker was 3rd string coming out of camp but Michael Brewer injured his back and Davis Webb won the job but got sick the week before opening kickoff.

Baker started and beat a few terrible teams. He started the TCU game that year and was losing before he got hurt. Davis Webb came in and saved the day winning the game.

Baker got reinserted as the starter when Webb got injured and turned the ball over so much he eventually got benched for Webb and then threw a fit and quit the team.

Baker is an above average QB, but there are a lot of Big 12 QB's who would have won the Heisman in that Oklahoma offense. Right place at the right time for him.

Palliative Care

Actual Tebow's career really is not all that dissimilar in terms of "wasn't NFL material in the long run" to most players. He was in the league 3 years and the average player is in 3.3 years. However, the average QB last 4.4 years. No Tim was not an NFL caliber QB. However, in college Tim won the Heisman as a sophomore and won two national championships. I would take that at and for TCU any day.