• The KillerFrogs

Macroeconomics / Stock Market Thread

Bob Sugar

I am not the most financially savvy person there is, so I am asking those in this thread who may be more savy: I currently put 10% of my income into 401k, max out my Roth IRA every month ($500), and put 10% into my brokerage account which is mostly Index Funds and ETFs. So 25% of my income each month is going into the market. Should I keep doing this as a recession/market downturn is on the horizon?
Depending on you age, yes. That said, you could be pissing it away depending on your timeframe. But you'd be sizing down your average entry, such that the chart below is not a true "break even timeline."

84ftl34l8fx21.png

FrogUltimate

I am not the most financially savvy person there is, so I am asking those in this thread who may be more savy: I currently put 10% of my income into 401k, max out my Roth IRA every month ($500), and put 10% into my brokerage account which is mostly Index Funds and ETFs. So 25% of my income each month is going into the market. Should I keep doing this as a recession/market downturn is on the horizon?
I currently put 12% into 401k, 10% into brokerage account and theoretically another 10% into brokerage but we blow that every month/year. And have blown some of that first 10% brokerage on house stuff.

I’ve lost a lot of money this year (relatively)

LSU Game Attendee

Not big money, but google “Series I Savings Bonds” as potentially an attractive place to park up to $10k.

Eight

how much gold do you hide each month?

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
I just learned the other day that the guy who hosts Alex Jones' show owns a precious metals company. He wanted to get people to buy more gold, so he hired Alex Jones to convince everyone that the world was ending.
Now, hold on a second, are you saying there's a chance I won't be getting to see the inter-dimensional elves?

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
Since we still consider college an "investment" I think this is the right place to post this:

When this bubble finally bursts we're going to see A LOT of higher ed institutions closing their doors for good.

Paul in uhh

I just learned the other day that the guy who hosts Alex Jones' show owns a precious metals company. He wanted to get people to buy more gold, so he hired Alex Jones to convince everyone that the world was ending.
I’m no Jones defender but inflation is at 40 year highs..

Paul in uhh

Interesting movement in the indexes today as they each form a V after plunging well below 52-week lows.. then close in the green!

Market action is a circus show.