• The KillerFrogs

Lupton Stadium Renovations

froginaustin

When Lupton was built, posters on this board talked about it like it was the new Taj Mahal. I suppose compared to the old TCU Diamond it was/is.

Rather than rebuild the stadium, I wonder if the baseball program wouldn't be better off trying to persuade TCU Donors, the ones that write big checks not small fry like me, to boost the endowment that supports need-based scholarships so that the whole student body, including of course baseball players, includes more people that can't afford full freight but won't qualify for academic scholarships.

Isn't that what Rice and Vandy do-- find need-based financial aid that's generally available, and in sufficient quantities that athletes on partial scholarships (or "preferred walk-ons"?) have an easier time covering the tab?

Eight

When Lupton was built, posters on this board talked about it like it was the new Taj Mahal. I suppose compared to the old TCU Diamond it was/is.

Rather than rebuild the stadium, I wonder if the baseball program wouldn't be better off trying to persuade TCU Donors, the ones that write big checks not small fry like me, to boost the endowment that supports need-based scholarships so that the whole student body, including of course baseball players, includes more people that can't afford full freight but won't qualify for academic scholarships.

Isn't that what Rice and Vandy do-- find need-based financial aid that's generally available, and in sufficient quantities that athletes on partial scholarships (or "preferred walk-ons"?) have an easier time covering the tab?

good idea and while i haven't run the numbers i am fairly sure the cost of a new stadium from the ground up would be cheaper that boosting the endowment to the level required.

besides, i am not sure if those in power truly want that type of situation at tcu. how much has been raised and spent on things such as dorms and other aspects of the campus lifestyle for students instead of directing those funds into increased financial aid

froginaustin

good idea and while i haven't run the numbers i am fairly sure the cost of a new stadium from the ground up would be cheaper that boosting the endowment to the level required.

. . ..

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."
Captain Obvious

BABYFACE

Until, we are back allowing 100 % capacity in the stands, expansion and improvements are not going to happen.

FB should be back to 100 percent capacity in the Fall. Just a guess : Probably need an academic year of full capacity before facilities improvements are back on the table.

LeagueCityFrog

You overstate the magnitude of TCU Baseball’s major donor group, and their ability or willingness to build a $50mm stadium. Just isn’t reality right now.

Oil prices are back on the rise. TCU baseball looks like TCU baseball. TCU Athletics just sucked down what $113 million in donations from 400 families for the east side for about 2500-3500 seats. Money is always around TCU Athletics. You are underselling.

Ultimately, after all the academic cost realignment TCU just did and rightly so, I don't think Dr. Boschini would approve of a $60-$70 million dollar new Lupton Baseball Stadium unless the money was in hand.

Horny4TCU

We need this for bottle service...
200w.gif

Oil prices are back on the rise. TCU baseball looks like TCU baseball. TCU Athletics just sucked down what $113 million in donations from 400 families for the east side for about 2500-3500 seats. Money is always around TCU Athletics. You are underselling.

Ultimately, after all the academic cost realignment TCU just did and rightly so, I don't think Dr. Boschini would approve of a $60-$70 million dollar new Lupton Baseball Stadium unless the money was in hand.

Football donors > Baseball donors and it isn’t close. Again, it’s not that they don’t exist, but just not in any real size and there’s only one “BMD” in the bunch.

$75 million for that stadium... That’d take us probably 10 years to raise, minimum.

And your right Bosch wouldn’t approve of the campaign right now anyways, they want all $$ headed to the campaign.