• The KillerFrogs

Lubbock Avalanche-Journal: No. 12 Texas Tech turns back TCU

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Lubbock Avalanche-Journal: No. 12 Texas Tech turns back TCU

By Carlos Silva Jr. / A-J Media

Justin Gray saw it out of the corner of his right eye; freshman Zhaire Smith was cutting toward the left-side of the basket.

Gray, a senior, led Smith who was able to complete the layup and gave No. 12 Texas Tech, which trailed by as a much as 12 in the first half, its first lead of the Big 12 home contest Saturday against TCU.

A few minutes later, Gray drained a pair of free throws before senior Keenan Evans, who scored all 23 of his points in the second half, completed an old-fashioned three-point play to create just enough separation for the Red Raiders as they handed the Horned Frogs a 79-75 loss in a back-and-forth contest inside United Supermarkets Arena.

“I know what role I am to this team,” said Evans, who went 6 of 9 from the field and made 10 of his 10 free throws in the second half. “I had that feeling of losing on senior night in high school. And I just didn’t want to let that happen again.”

Read more at http://www.lubbockonline.com/sports/20180303/no-12-texas-tech-turns-back-tcu