• The KillerFrogs

Lubbock Avalanche-Journal: Kingsbury on QB-WR disconnects: 'At that (QB) position, we put it all on

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Lubbock Avalanche-Journal: Kingsbury on QB-WR disconnects: 'At that (QB) position, we put it all on us'

Submitted by Don Williams

Texas Tech sophomore Davis Webb is fourth in the FBS in passing touchdowns with 22 and tied for second most interceptions with 12. Last year, playing in 10 games, he threw 20 TDs with nine interceptions. 

Tech coach Kliff Kingsbury was asked Monday if he’s seen improvement in the sophomore quarterback this season and, if so, where.

“Yeah, I think accuracy early on in the season I didn’t think was there,” Kingsbury said. “I think it’s getting closer. We’re still missing some things we can’t miss.”

Kingsbury said when Webb has struggled, a combination of factors have contributed. He said receivers have needed to get better separation and Webb needs to hit them when they’re open.

Asked how much of it is on Webb and how much is on receivers running bad routes or not being where they’re supposed to, Kingsbury said, “It’s always a combination of things. Coaching Davis, I have a very high standard for him, so I expect him, when someone’s open, we make the throw. At that position, we put it all on us, and he knows that.”

http://redraiders.com/interact/blog-post/don-williams/2014-10-20/kingsbury-qb-wr-disconnects-qb-position-we-put-it-all-us#.VEZNeoc6BFQ