• The KillerFrogs

Looking Ahead: 2017 Baseball Season

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Pharm Frog said:

I think its close to the coolest thing ever that you apparently go by atofrog at work. I plan on calling Sadler Hall and Development Information Services tomorrow morning and say, "I'd like to speak with Deep Purple please."

OT -- If DP reads this...you might want to check out the header of the following link:

http://www.dis.tcu.edu/site/default.asp

"University" needs a bit of spell checking. SOLUTIONS FOR UNIVERISTY ADVANCEMENT  I figure it may be a retired site which might also be an issue if its still accessible.
Website designed by same person that did the commencement programs (or whatever that was) apparently.

TCUdirtbag

atofrog said:
I apologize for confusing it even more. Not my intention. Might be easier if we spoke on the phone. Please feel free to call the ticket office and ask for me. But I will try to better explain below.

One list. This is consistent with other sports. Buy tickets and get first opportunity to upgrade based on priority rank and availability while waiting for more desired area.

The wait list you mention was to get season tickets, of which, reserved was the only ticket available at the time. As we expanded to include a new option, GA, this provided the opportunity to get off the "wait list" for season tickets. It might not be the exact location you wanted, but it is a season ticket until something different is available.

If I understand your interpretation, we would need to have a wait list for each section of every facility as fans specify they only want in a certain section and they should have first priority based on the fact they got on the "wait list" earlier than someone else. As you know, this is not how it works. Instead, it is done based on priority rank for returning STH's to have first option to move into whatever area they consider to be best. The club level in football is the only location that has a specific list for a specific area. And that was only necessary as we need to help those that placed a deposit but did not get seats. If everyone had gotten seats, then the club area would be like all other sections and sports....move into that area based on rank and availability as a current STH, not new.

Hope that helps clear up confusion. Again, please call if necessary and I will work on doing a better job explaining on the phone.

Thanks for your support and questions. I honestly appreciate them.

Go Frogs!

Thanks for the clarification. My initial understanding was correct. I don't like it, but I do appreciate your taking the time to explain. ATO, you have always been a great representative of TCU and seem like a really good dude. Mostly I am disappointed in the way it was handled last year (the fact there was no communication of the dissolution of the separate waiting list to those of us that were on that waiting list), but I am not surprised that they threw it to the almighty priority points system.  It just leaves a sour taste in the mouth to know I was on the cusp of getting reserved seats due to getting in line before all the new folks, but the later change in policy with the ga option allowed a lot of other folks to essentially jump ahead.  On the other hand, I do not deny the benefits that the ga season ticket option offers to fans and the program.

Hopefully the development/capital improvement side of athletics will soon find it's financially viable to add actual seats.  I'm a sucker and will keep buying overpriced ga tickets, but would get out to more games and gladly pay more for real seats.  I doubt I'm the only one. 

tcumaniac

TCUdirtbag said:

Thanks for the clarification. My initial understanding was correct. I don't like it, but I do appreciate your taking the time to explain. ATO, you have always been a great representative of TCU and seem like a really good dude. Mostly I am disappointed in the way it was handled last year (the fact there was no communication of the dissolution of the separate waiting list to those of us that were on that waiting list), but I am not surprised that they threw it to the almighty priority points system.  It just leaves a sour taste in the mouth to know I was on the cusp of getting reserved seats due to getting in line before all the new folks, but the later change in policy with the ga option allowed a lot of other folks to essentially jump ahead.  On the other hand, I do not deny the benefits that the ga season ticket option offers to fans and the program.

Hopefully the development/capital improvement side of athletics will soon find it's financially viable to add actual seats.  I'm a sucker and will keep buying overpriced ga tickets, but would get out to more games and gladly pay more for real seats.  I doubt I'm the only one. 
Yeah. I'd be frustrated if I was you too.

I don't know how practical it would have been, but people like you should have been given priority over someone that just jumped on board the bandwagon last year and bought GA seats without being on the list.

Who knows how much you were effected, but you have to imagine there's a decent amount of folks that bought GA tickets last year and had not been on the waiting list, yet they're now ahead of you. I'd have a sour taste in my mouth too.

But, if there's one thing we've learned about TCU over the years, it's that $$$ is the primary way they measure loyalty. Everything else is an after thought.

Purp

hometown frog said:
BA of 1.000 is gonna make for a really long first inning...
I figured we'd have enough sacrifice flies and pick offs to end innings and then our pitchers would follow up with 3 undemocratic backwards Ks to offset the long innings.

Purp

The Frog to be Named Later said:
Caught stealing. Out going from first to third. Picked off first. three up three down.
Not to pick nits, but I think there would have to be 4 batters in this scenario unless the guy going from 1st to 3rd was stealing both bases at once (or advancing on an error, which is plausible).

As you were. I love baseballing.

Purp said:
Not to pick nits, but I think there would have to be 4 batters in this scenario unless the guy going from 1st to 3rd was stealing both bases at once (or advancing on an error, which is plausible).

As you were. I love baseballing.
Unless im mistaken (it happened once) the fourth batter would be at the plate when batter three was picked off first and not register an at bat -he would lead off the next inning. Definitely not technically three up three down but only three "official" at bats in the inning.

Purp

The Frog to be Named Later said:
Unless im mistaken (it happened once) the fourth batter would be at the plate when batter three was picked off first and not register an at bat -he would lead off the next inning. Definitely not technically three up three down but only three "official" at bats in the inning.
No, you're right.  I saw the err of my ways and corrected myself in my post.  I was on my phone and up in the middle of the night with a sick kiddo and didn't correct my post adequately.

Purp said:
No, you're right.  I saw the err of my ways and corrected myself in my post.  I was on my phone and up in the middle of the night with a sick kiddo and didn't correct my post adequately.
As on old commander once told me lets not confuse effort or intent with results. Haha. I was hoping for a more spirited deba....pissing contest. Perhaps even generating a dissertation from deep

Right again. It's a burden really <heavy sigh>

G

Ghost of Tobys Business College

Met Congressman Roger Williams today. Very nice guy. Not surprisingly, he picks the Frogs to win the CWS this next season.