• The KillerFrogs

Looking Ahead: 2017 Baseball Season

Pharm Frog

flyfishingfrog said:
So what is your counter argument?

I promise to show up for weekend games more the person that has Row 110 Seat 11 and 12 so I should get those seats even though they have had them for since before Lupton was built and gave a donation to build the new stadium as part of keeping them? 

Like I said, where were all you guys 3 years ago when the list was empty because we didn't make the show?  there were season tickets available then and it didn't require much in the way of a donation if any?

Or better yet - the year before we made the CWS the first time when there were almost 1000 season tickets available for nothing more than the season ticket price?

But now we are a great program and suddenly you are more deserving of a seat because you say you will show up for Fri night games even against Princeton?

I think his argument is that there was a "waiting list" established with understanding that those on the list would be able to move up when the opportunity arose. And now that list may still exist but has been re-ordered based on the priority points concept. I can completely understand the irritation about being bumped for a standard that was not in play at the time the list was made. But I'll make another argument....have each sport have its own priority point structure as it relates to ticket sales and don't cross the streams. But I have no real dog in this fight as I'm fully content to watch Frog baseball from the front row at L Dale Mitchell and with great seats in Stillwater and fantastic seats at Bricktown Ballpark with the occasional trip to Lupton where I've never had difficulty finding good seats regardless of what my tickets read.

Purp

I was in the Army and unable to attend games.  Thanks for your consideration, though.  Pretty sure Dirtbag was in Houston then also, but still added his name to the wait list.

I've been on the wait list ever since I got out until getting GA seats when they were offered last year.  I actually thought I was still on a wait list, though.  Dirtbag's post was a bit of a bummer for me.

flyfishingfrog said:
Like I said, where were all you guys 3 years ago when the list was empty because we didn't make the show?  

flyfishingfrog

TCUdirtbag said:
Who are you directing this to? You are making counter arguments to arguments that no one is making. Three years ago I was on the waiting list. Which has been thrown out. I never said anyone should be kicked out of their seats. I just complained that they threw the waiting list out when they added the GA option. You're rambling about weird [Craig James].

Sorry - not you really other than if you had asked ATO how long the list is now - i.e. how many people asked for seats this year that did not get them?

I was really addressing BabyFace and Moose Stuff.

You got hosed - I think we all agree.  If there was a list it should have stayed in order until it was cleared and then they could go to the concept of when a seat opens, the highest PP that wants it gets it.

They should not have dumped the list.

But I am guessing you also realize we have only had this problem for 3 years correct?  Since 4 years ago when we didn't make the CWS our renewals dropped off - so I am guessing the administration would like to make sure that is not going to happen again before we build new seats.

And yes, several people in both this thread and especially the basketball thread basically said that people who have better seats than they do should either have them revoked or turn them in since other people might want them.

And as I said - given the amount a lot of those people donated and the number of other options to allow people to use the seats, that is a dumb idea.

You guys want reserved seats for the post season - well guess what, that is why a lot of those people have them also but they got their first.

So like I said - wait your turn now.

And by the way, there were plenty of open reserved seats for UT, OU, Tech, and other major programs over the last few years in Lupton during the regular season.

It is seriously only the post season where we are almost full in reserved.

It was just not a ghost town like it is against ACU or DBU for mid week.

Purp

Westsider said:
I hope Merrill improves a little bit defensively this year.  I hope Wanhanen gets his freshman form back.
That's about it.
I hope Traver can stay healthy all season and I hope Luken carries his late season from from last year through the entirety of this season.  I also hope Nolan Brown regains his 2015 form at the plate, on the base paths, and in CF.

Let's be honest, I also hope we go undefeated with an ERA of 0.00 and a batting average of 1.000 for the season.

TCUdirtbag

flyfishingfrog said:
Sorry - not you really other than if you had asked ATO how long the list is now - i.e. how many people asked for seats this year that did not get them?

You got hosed - I think we all agree.  If there was a list it should have stayed in order until it was cleared and then they could go to the concept of when a seat opens, the highest PP that wants it gets it.

But I am guessing you also realize we have only had this problem for 3 years correct?  Since 4 years ago when we didn't make the CWS our renewals dropped off - so I am guessing the administration would like to make sure that is not going to happen again before we build new seats.

And yes, several people in both this thread and especially the basketball thread basically said that people who have better seats than they do should either have them revoked or turn them in since other people might want them.

And as I said - given the amount a lot of those people donated and the number of other options to allow people to use the seats, that is a dumb idea.

You guys want reserved seats for the post season - well guess what, that is why a lot of those people have them also but they got their first.

And by the way, there were plenty of open reserved seats for UT, OU, Tech, and other major programs over the last few years in Lupton during the regular season.

Lots of conjecture and several incorrect statements here, but let's not pretend like the success isn't sustainable or the increase in demand has nothing to do with the fact that we also moved to the Big 12 a few years ago.

Also, EAD.

TCUdirtbag

Purp said:
I hope Traver can stay healthy all season and I hope Luken carries his late season from from last year through the entirety of this season.  I also hope Nolan Brown regains his 2015 form at the plate, on the base paths, and in CF.

Let's be honest, I also hope we go undefeated with an ERA of 0.00 and a batting average of 1.000 for the season.

All of this.  I'm also really interested to see how Wyme has progressed heading into his sophomore year.

Moose Stuff

flyfishingfrog said:

Why the hell are you addressing me? I haven't uttered ONE WORD of complaint about baseball seating or attendance.

Moose Stuff

Westsider said:

Ha.  While there's some validity to Fly's comments, I've observed that generational arguments go nowhere around here. 
Agree. And I fully grasp that people that have been around longer and have invested large amounts of money are entitled to certain things, but that doesn't mean people who that doesn't apply to don't get a voice. And I'm not talking about myself here as I'm pretty content with my situation, but younger alums like Maniac for example are more than entitled to speak their mind whether people like it or not. I feel pretty comfortable saying that if every season ticket holder/student/alum was Maniac our attendance issues would be GONE PERMANENTLY.

pgdaly84

So, how about those Frogs? I am as excited for this season as any TCU sports season since I've been around. Can we focus on that and get over the stupid arguments and dick measuring?

PurplFrawg

Administrator
TCUdirtbag said:
 But I wish the throwing out of the waiting list wouldn't have been swept under the rug--there could've been some communication at the time. It's insulting to peoples' intellligence to hide it.

or they could have let some fat chick eat it...

TCURiggs

PurplFrawg said:

or they could have let some fat chick eat it...

eatinglist.gif

ftwfrog

Moose Stuff said:
I feel pretty comfortable saying that if every season ticket holder/student/alum was Maniac our attendance issues would be GONE PERMANENTLY.
Yes, but we'd have so many more fans hurt from the uncaught foul balls.

atofrog

Contributor
TCUdirtbag - no ill will intended in this post as I enjoy reading most of your posts for their info and accuracy. Just trying to help get this back on track about excitement for the upcoming season and clear up what sounds like confusion with regard to a "wait list/upgrade" definitions.

The wait list still exists...but in a new format. We still know who was on the list prior to GA tickets becoming available for the first time last year. But that list is very small in relation to some of the projects and expenses you mention with expansion. The majority of fans on that list decided to purchase GA season tickets last year. Thereby, becoming a baseball STH with the opportunity to upgrade into reserved seats this season based on availability and priority rank.

When we have no more tickets to sell (similar to baseball prior to GA or football when we sellout the stadium) then yes, we create a wait list and provide fans the opportunity to purchase whatever is available the following season(s) based on priority rank. As we have seen with football the last few years, we have sold out prior to making it through the entire wait list. So we carry it over each year.

When we have tickets available to purchase, and a fan chooses not to do so for whatever reason, they are still on a "wait list". But if you are waiting for reserved seats only, then you are behind everyone else that did purchase tickets while "waiting" for reserved tickets to become available. As you know, we allow existing STH's first option to move before providing seats to a new STH.

Same process in football and basketball. If you want to get seats on the 50, you have to start somewhere and work into that location.

In summary, the wait list still exists and was not "thrown out". But if you don't purchase what is available, you will be behind everyone else that is also waiting for something better but got involved while waiting. This is supposed to be a win/win as TCU tries to accommodate demand and increase revenue while giving fans an opportunity to get the points and benefits of being a STH while "waiting". A lot of fans were frustrated they could not get CWS tickets because they were not a baseball STH. The GA option now puts them in the running.

Again, not trying to flame...only trying to help clear up confusion. Thank you for your support!

Go Frogs!

TCUdirtbag

ATO, I appreciate all of this but I'm still confused. Are the people that were (1) on the waiting list prior to the GA option but (2) went ahead and bought GA still on a list ahead of all the folks who bought GA but hadn't been on the waiting list? Or did everyone get mixed into one upgrade list?

In other words -- are there 2 lists: one of now-GA season ticket holders who had previously been on the waiting list and a second who are now GA season ticket holders but weren't previously on the season ticket waiting list? (With the first list being first in line for reserved seats.) Or is it just now that all those people are mixed in as GA holders in one upgrade pool based on priority points?

Punter1

TCUdirtbag said:
ATO, I appreciate all of this but I'm still confused. Are the people that were (1) on the waiting list prior to the GA option but (2) went ahead and bought GA still on a list ahead of all the folks who bought GA but hadn't been on the waiting list? Or did everyone get mixed into one upgrade list?

In other words -- are there 2 lists: one of now-GA season ticket holders who had previously been on the waiting list and a second who are now GA season ticket holders but weren't previously on the season ticket waiting list? Or is it just now that all those people are mixed in as GA holders in one upgrade pool based on priority points?

2 lists....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpZ3LODBK7E

FrogsMcGee

Don't have much of a stake in this discussion as an out of town fan. I have been lucky to have made friends with some season ticket holders with great seats that have provided me the opportunity to cheer from great locations when I've made it to town. TCU baseball tailgates / weekends are an extremely friendly atmosphere and it's very easy to get good seats, even on busy weekends. No true fan of TCU baseball should have any trouble getting seats. Show up, have a few beers with fellow frogs, be friendly - you'll be in good shape.

Also, it's funny to me that anyone complained about ability to get CWS tickets. As a non-STH that spent every applicable day in Omaha the past 3 years, I never had an issue getting tickets in the TCU sections. Just show up. Go to the ticket pickup party. There will be frogs there with available tickets. Especially after the first weekend.

atofrog

Contributor
TCUdirtbag said:

In other words -- are there 2 lists: one of now-GA season ticket holders who had previously been on the waiting list and a second who are now GA season ticket holders but weren't previously on the season ticket waiting list? (With the first list being first in line for reserved seats.) Or is it just now that all those people are mixed in as GA holders in one upgrade pool based on priority points?
I apologize for confusing it even more. Not my intention. Might be easier if we spoke on the phone. Please feel free to call the ticket office and ask for me. But I will try to better explain below.

One list. This is consistent with other sports. Buy tickets and get first opportunity to upgrade based on priority rank and availability while waiting for more desired area.

The wait list you mention was to get season tickets, of which, reserved was the only ticket available at the time. As we expanded to include a new option, GA, this provided the opportunity to get off the "wait list" for season tickets. It might not be the exact location you wanted, but it is a season ticket until something different is available.

If I understand your interpretation, we would need to have a wait list for each section of every facility as fans specify they only want in a certain section and they should have first priority based on the fact they got on the "wait list" earlier than someone else. As you know, this is not how it works. Instead, it is done based on priority rank for returning STH's to have first option to move into whatever area they consider to be best. The club level in football is the only location that has a specific list for a specific area. And that was only necessary as we need to help those that placed a deposit but did not get seats. If everyone had gotten seats, then the club area would be like all other sections and sports....move into that area based on rank and availability as a current STH, not new.

Hope that helps clear up confusion. Again, please call if necessary and I will work on doing a better job explaining on the phone.

Thanks for your support and questions. I honestly appreciate them.

Go Frogs!

Pharm Frog

atofrog said:
I apologize for confusing it even more. Not my intention. Might be easier if we spoke on the phone. Please feel free to call the ticket office and ask for me.

I think its close to the coolest thing ever that you apparently go by atofrog at work. I plan on calling Sadler Hall and Development Information Services tomorrow morning and say, "I'd like to speak with Deep Purple please."

OT -- If DP reads this...you might want to check out the header of the following link:

http://www.dis.tcu.edu/site/default.asp

"University" needs a bit of spell checking. SOLUTIONS FOR UNIVERISTY ADVANCEMENT  I figure it may be a retired site which might also be an issue if its still accessible.