• The KillerFrogs

Longhorns Wire: Predicting the top five offenses in the Big 12 for 2022

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

Joey Hickey

The Big 12 has been known for explosive offenses for awhile, but it has experienced a defensive renaissance over the last few seasons.

Baylor, Iowa State and Oklahoma State diversified the offensive style of the league. Power running has become the focus of many offenses with a few air raid principles sprinkled in at Oklahoma State.

The conference may live up to its offensive reputation this season. Texas Tech added one of the premier facilitators of passing offense, Zach Kittley, while TCU added Sonny Dykes’ explosive offensive plan of attack.

Read more at https://longhornswire.usatoday.com/...ffenses-rankings-oklahoma-sooners-tcu-baylor/

asleep003

Joey Hickey

The Big 12 has been known for explosive offenses for awhile, but it has experienced a defensive renaissance over the last few seasons.

Baylor, Iowa State and Oklahoma State diversified the offensive style of the league. Power running has become the focus of many offenses with a few air raid principles sprinkled in at Oklahoma State.

The conference may live up to its offensive reputation this season. Texas Tech added one of the premier facilitators of passing offense, Zach Kittley, while TCU added Sonny Dykes’ explosive offensive plan of attack.

Read more at https://longhornswire.usatoday.com/...ffenses-rankings-oklahoma-sooners-tcu-baylor/
Was Zack Kittley successful because of Bailey Zappe as his QB for HBU for 3 years and 1 year for the 2021 W. Kentucky Hilltoppers.

Eight

so basically who are the top half of the offenses in the conference which doesn't quite grab the attention as top 5

Palliative Care

We are almost a total unknown this year. Who will start at quarterback? How good will the offensive line be. What kind of depth do we have there? Running backs could be very good as well as receivers but without quality starts fro. The line and QB we go no where.

I do expect better offensive play but we will have to wait and see. So yes Lisa there is a Santa Claus but will he show up this year?

asleep003

We are almost a total unknown this year. Who will start at quarterback? How good will the offensive line be. What kind of depth do we have there? Running backs could be very good as well as receivers but without quality starts fro. The line and QB we go no where.

I do expect better offensive play but we will have to wait and see. So yes Lisa there is a Santa Claus but will he show up this year?
Think Santa could possibly show up. Offensively, the skilled players are there and except for Left Tackle, most all the 2 deep for 2020 and 2021 who finished 1st and 4th in Big12 rush offense is back. Will need help on Pass Protection and believe we have better teachers there now.

Defense is the big question for me... though the DC has proven success with the 3-3-5.

Chongo94

Was Zack Kittley successful because of Bailey Zappe as his QB for HBU for 3 years and 1 year for the 2021 W. Kentucky Hilltoppers.
I know Zach, he’s a great guy. This is THE question but I’d wager a lot of my money on him being just a dang good coach more than anything else. He’s gonna have the Tech offense humming sooner than later I bet.