• The KillerFrogs

Longhorns Wire: Casey Thompson receives crystal ball prediction for TCU shortly after entering transfer portal

Prime BEEF

Zappe, Mordecai, Bonner (Utah St), and Tune (Houston) are the only QBs in the top 20 in TD passes this year that are originally from Texas. Zappe has no more eligibility left so maybe it’s one of the other 3.

I have no inside information. Just looking at possible targets.

Froggish

I’m hearing we may have a new entry in the QB sweepstakes. If it comes off, he is a good one…possibly a game changer. Fingers crossed. I’m sorry I can’t say more at the moment but this would be a spring semester enrollment
Hmm...Interesting. I suppose "game changer" is an eye of the beholder type statement but whoever it is should disrupt the current QB room and create more competition. Let's hope that happens. A guy like Cameron Ward or Kedon Slovis make the most sense. Of course Mordecai would be an option but I'm not sure if he could duplicate his success at TCU.

Last edited:

DelFrog

Zappe, Mordecai, Bonner (Utah St), and Tune (Houston) are the only QBs in the top 20 in TD passes this year that are originally from Texas. Zappe has no more eligibility left so maybe it’s one of the other 3.

I have no inside information. Just looking at possible targets.
I hope it’s Cameron Ward, who is from Texas. He played in a Wing-T offense in HS which limited his exposure and offers. Ward had an outstanding year at FCS Incarnate Word, with over 4600 yrds and 47 TDS.

Palliative Care

Ward has a "short arm" release atypical of most QB's. He seems to throw an accurate pass but it lacks the zip that you often see. It looks kind of like the passes Sammy Baugh would throw. He is a stout guy who runs over people rather like a fullback which remind me (no kidding) of Jim Brown,

ticketfrog123

I’m seriously not trying to be coy but I do want folks to know work is ongoing in the QB area. By game changing I mean that this is a potential starter and certainly someone who will immediately create serious competition for the job.
Someone that is clearly better than duggan OR Morris and Sam?

First one isn’t a high bar

hiphopfroggy

I’m seriously not trying to be coy but I do want folks to know work is ongoing in the QB area. By game changing I mean that this is a potential starter and certainly someone who will immediately create serious competition for the job.
lol Dykes already stated he was going to get a QB from the transfer portal, he's not looking for a backup in the portal. So yea, any qb in the portal who is any good is a possibility and we already knew that, you are not really adding any meaningful information here. Hope you got the attention you needed.