• The KillerFrogs

Longhorn Conference ADs met yesterday

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
QUOTE(txfrog87 @ Jun 22 2010, 11:11 AM) [snapback]585809[/snapback]
Wonder what that conversation was like?

A lot of 'Yes, Mr. Dodds...No, Mr Dodds...'.

Dogfrog

QUOTE(RSF @ Jun 22 2010, 11:14 AM) [snapback]585813[/snapback]
A lot of 'Yes, Mr. Dodds...No, Mr Dodds...'.

:tongue: You say you think my wife's hot, Mr. Dodds? Thank you so much.

Frog DJ

How do you think Baylor, Tech, OSU, ISU, KU and KSU will react in 2 or 3 years when the Big 10 or someone else comes calling with an even bigger, more evenly distributed payout offer?

Do you think they'll shake their heads "No!" and firmly stand with the UT/OU/A&M cartel that claims a bigger share of the revenue pie, just to give the smaller fish the privilege to get spanked year-in, year-out?

Or, do you think the Bears, Raiders, Cowboys, Cyclones, Jayhawks and Wildcats will take particular joy in giving the Horns, Sooners and Aggies the "Flying Fickle Finger of Fate" as they desert the conference for greener pastures?

I understand the hope to which some on this board cling - that TCU will somehow, someway find its way into the Big12 club, but my fear is the above scenario will take place immediately after the Frogs leave the more stable confines of the MWC, and in the process, find themselves adrift at sea, once again.

Go Frogs!

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
QUOTE(Frog DJ @ Jun 22 2010, 11:22 AM) [snapback]585824[/snapback]
How do you think Baylor, Tech, OSU, ISU, KU and KSU will react in 2 or 3 years when the Big 10 or someone else comes calling with an even bigger, more evenly distributed payout offer?

Don't think they need to worry about it. Only school in that group with a prayer of getting an invite somewhere else on their own merits is Kansas (thanks to their basketball program). The Aggies and Sooners are the X factor, which is why they're getting a bigger paycheck. 30 pieces of silver, if you will.

HFrog1999

"Mr. Dodds? Is this the correct shade of burnt orange for our new logo? What exactly is a Wildcat Horn anyways?"

mix-griddle.jpg

Dogfrog

QUOTE(YA @ Jun 22 2010, 11:36 AM) [snapback]585830[/snapback]
July 1 is a date to be feared that byu might leave the conference.

Did they vote on this yesterday?

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
Sources across the Big 12 agree there are no current plans to add two teams to the remodeled, 10-member conference. But if realignment began to rear its head again, perhaps driven by another conference, the Big 12 might just be in position to add Arkansas and Notre Dame. It may seem far-fetched right now. But here's the truth about why it could be a very real possibility ... at some point.

http://texas.rivals.com/

I don't have a subscription (and never will), so that's all I got.

JimSwinkLives!

QUOTE(RSF @ Jun 22 2010, 11:45 AM) [snapback]585835[/snapback]
Sources across the Big 12 agree there are no current plans to add two teams to the remodeled, 10-member conference. But if realignment began to rear its head again, perhaps driven by another conference, the Big 12 might just be in position to add Arkansas and Notre Dame. It may seem far-fetched right now. But here's the truth about why it could be a very real possibility ... at some point.

http://texas.rivals.com/

I don't have a subscription (and never will), so that's all I got.

Jack Swarbrick, AD at Notre Dame, is a close friend and protege' of Dodds at UT. Also, Swarbrick was a finalist for the Big XII Commissioner job three years ago when Weiberg left, so he is a known commodity with all of the presidents/chancellors of the B12 Lite.

YA

QUOTE(Dogfrog @ Jun 22 2010, 11:40 AM) [snapback]585834[/snapback]
Did they vote on this yesterday?

The byu AD is in town according to rumors on the byu board and not on fishing trip as the cover story.

weklfrog

QUOTE(YA @ Jun 22 2010, 10:22 AM) [snapback]585853[/snapback]
The byu AD is in town according to rumors on the byu board and not on fishing trip as the cover story.

oh he is fishing alright.

Frog of 87

BYU to Big 12 = MWC to WAC status

Idaho Louisiana Tech
Nevada TCU
UNLV New Mexico State
SJSU New Mexico
SDSU Colorado State
Hawaii Air Force
Frasno St Wyoming

Wouldn't really be that bad...

YA

QUOTE(Frog 87 @ Jun 22 2010, 12:38 PM) [snapback]585862[/snapback]
BYU to Big 12 = MWC to WAC status

Idaho Louisiana Tech
Nevada TCU
UNLV New Mexico State
SJSU New Mexico
SDSU Colorado State
Hawaii Air Force
Frasno St Wyoming

Wouldn't really be that bad...

Worse than bad--it would be back to cusa before TCU would agree to that. In fact, I could see TCU wanting to form a new conference with these schools before going to cusa.

TCU
SMU
Houston
Tulsa
Tulane
Southern Miss
UNLV/Reno
New Mexico
Air Force
Colorado State
Boise State
Fresno State

berryfrog95

QUOTE(YA @ Jun 22 2010, 01:21 PM) [snapback]585875[/snapback]
Worse than bad--it would be back to cusa before TCU would agree to that. In fact, I could see TCU wanting to form a new conference with these schools before going to cusa.

TCU
SMU
Houston
Tulsa
Tulane
Southern Miss
UNLV/Reno
New Mexico
Air Force
Colorado State
Boise State
Fresno State

they'd want to still call it the MWC, to get the auto-bid.....would we still have enough clout between tcu and boise to get the autobid???

Frog of 87

QUOTE(YA @ Jun 22 2010, 01:21 PM) [snapback]585875[/snapback]

TCU
SMU
Houston
Tulsa
Tulane
Southern Miss
UNLV/Reno
New Mexico
Air Force
Colorado State
Boise State
Fresno State

Yes, much better.

berryfrog95

QUOTE(YA @ Jun 22 2010, 12:22 PM) [snapback]585853[/snapback]

you'd have to believe TCU is in those talks....would be nice if BYU would advocate us.

Did we ever find out what came of the Colonial Luncheon??