• The KillerFrogs

Long-time DMN writer Gerry Fraley has passed

Probably my favorite sports writer of all-time. Most likely because he came to DFW about the time I started sneaking the sports page away from my dad in the mornings as I headed to school. My parents always had to drop me off at least an hour early and I had to kill time in the library. As the kid with the sports page I quickly made friends. Throughout JR high and on until I got my license there were a group of us who met in the mornings and we'd share the sports page. Reading it column by column. I bet I read hundreds of Fraley pieces during that time. He was different but he was great.

This has been my favorite nugget so far.

netty2424

Probably my favorite sports writer of all-time. Most likely because he came to DFW about the time I started sneaking the sports page away from my dad in the mornings as I headed to school. My parents always had to drop me off at least an hour early and I had to kill time in the library. As the kid with the sports page I quickly made friends. Throughout JR high and on until I got my license there were a group of us who met in the mornings and we'd share the sports page. Reading it column by column. I bet I read hundreds of Fraley pieces during that time. He was different but he was great.

This has been my favorite nugget so far.

That’s a lot of words just to say you were a dork.

Kidding phormer! I enjoyed the story. I guess I didn’t know he was fighting cancer. Takes way too many, way too soon. #Fcancer

zfrawg

never knew him personally but worked with his wife for a short time. she's a super sweet lady. he was a great writer. very sad news.

Moose Stuff

I didn’t know him well but I knew him well enough to know he was a really good dude. I’ll miss you Gerry.

Last edited: