• The KillerFrogs

LJ impressing at the Senior Bowl....

Limp Lizard

Four productive years is almost unheard of these days, guys will turn pro early. LJ had a really nice career here, especially relative to his perceived potential coming out of HS. It’s time Sharp starts getting some credit too, he’s done a heck of a job developing d-lineman.
Yes, 2-3 years is all you are going to get, normally. But with the 3* we often have to wait until their junior or senior years. With the Blacklock level talent you get 3 years if they start as a freshman, or 2 if they redshirt. So far TCU is o-fer with guys who leave early. Blacklock may very leave after next year, depending on how he does, and on injuries. I would love for us to start signing guys who are able to play early, and not a project. Lose them after 3 years (2 or 3 years playing), and replace with other 4-5 star players. On an excessive injury year like 2018, you will have more underclassmen who are able to step in and play than now.

And occasionally there is the guy who should have left early, at teams like OU, Bama, Texas, who stay for that 4th year of eligibility.

stbrab

guess referring to lj who played at munday which i believe is 1a.

number of collier's have played there, few got scholarships, but i don't think any have made the nfl.

if you want an interesting look back i suggest a quick glance over lj's recruiting class in 2014.

https://247sports.com/college/tcu/Season/2014-Football/Commits/

lj and ty summers could be the 3rd and 4th players from the class to get a shot with an nfl team and no player rated in the top 10 of the class would be among that 4.

2 quarterbacks among the group won a bowl game for tcu. any guesses?
I think that would be the Mule and Bram.

Eight

to give an idea of the players on the north roster in the defensive line

zach allen, de - b.c.
byron cowart, de - maryland
anthony nelson, de - iowa
jalen jelks, de - uo
charles omenihu, de - texas (big 12 defensive linemen of the year)

renell wren, dt - az state
greg ganes, dt - uw
khalen saunders, dt - western illinois

hm.......not too bad a company