1. The KillerFrogs

Little Sisters of the Poor 7, Penn State 2

Discussion in 'The Pit' started by JogginFrog, Jul 9, 2020.

1. In sport-adjacent news this week, the Supreme Court ruled in Little Sisters of the Poor v. State of Pennsylvania that religious employers with moral objections are exempt from Obamacare rules that require employers provide contraception to employees.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/08/us/supreme-court-birth-control-obamacare.html

Given the topic, fitting that Penn State scored a safety in the loss.

Ohio State may want to rethink its scheduling given its prior disparaging remarks about the Little Sisters of the Poor.

Showtime Joe 2.0 likes this.
  2. As I read the ruling, it's a bit more complicated than that. The Supreme Court specifically declined to rule on whether or not the birth control mandate was consistent with the RFRA. Instead they ruled that the current administration's guidelines (that allowed the exemption) were within the scope of Obamacare. In other words, if Biden (or whoever the next Dem President is) decides to reverse those guidelines, that would also be allowed....and lead to yet another court fight.

3. Gotta say, those Little Sisters have been on a roll lately.

If they keep it up, they should become a member of the conference I proposed for Baylor, Liberty, Notre Dame, Incarnate Word, etc.

4. The LSOTP are an awesome group. I'm not a Catholic but have sent them $$$ to support their work. Real.

Plus, a damn good team (especially for a bunch of older women). :)

5. Bob Jones University..?..

PhillyFrog likes this.
  6. I'm ashamed beyond measure, for having overlooking the Mormons as well.....

7. Yes ... lets not leave out the Mormons and Warren Jeffs.