• The KillerFrogs

Listenbee Lawsuit and Pork Candy with David Hawthorne (this week's podcast)

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
This week's podcast is now up.

NFL star and former TCU LB David Hawthorne joins us this week to discuss the latest allegations from former Frog Kolby Listenbee as well as share some insights on his latest venture into the world of professional BBQ, Not Just Q, making Wes want to move back to Fort Worth. Sean, Ryann, WC, Shannon and Wes also discuss the Mens Basketball, are they in the tournament? And rain couldn’t keep the Frogs from Lupton as baseball takes another series; in this episode of The KillerFrogs.

http://killerfrogs.com/2018/02/27/t...pork-candy-and-lawsuits-with-david-hawthorne/

S04E26.jpg

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
About the podcasts.

The great value of these, at least to me, is getting to know some of these guys like David Hawthorne and Shannon Brazzell.

Shannon ia a great guy and I am proud to call him a friend now. And he brings a lot to the show as well as open our eyes to what GP / TCU has meant to him and helped him mature and grow into the solid man that he is.

But even more than that, I look forward to every Monday and the opportunity to sit down with Sean Foushee, Ryann Zeller and WC Nix, just to talk about a common love of TCU. That hour and a half is the highlight of my week and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

I liked the live format that Scotty and I used to do at Brewsters but this is more fun.

We hope that everyone watches it live as we do it every Monday night. Shannon usually has a big cigar going, Ryann has her wine, Sean has a beer ( or two ) and I'll have a fist full of bourbon .

Nothing but fun

WhatTheFrog

About the podcasts.

The great value of these, at least to me, is getting to know some of these guys like David Hawthorne and Shannon Brazzell.

Shannon ia a great guy and I am proud to call him a friend now. And he brings a lot to the show as well as open our eyes to what GP / TCU has meant to him and helped him mature and grow into the solid man that he is.

But even more than that, I look forward to every Monday and the opportunity to sit down with Sean Foushee, Ryann Zeller and WC Nix, just to talk about a common love of TCU. That hour and a half is the highlight of my week and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

I liked the live format that Scotty and I used to do at Brewsters but this is more fun.

We hope that everyone watches it live as we do it every Monday night. Shannon usually has a big cigar going, Ryann has her wine, Sean has a beer ( or two ) and I'll have a fist full of bourbon .

Nothing but fun
Subtle brags.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
Subtle brags.

Well that may br but I am proud of the friendships that I have made through this site and especially with the people on our podcast team

But bragging about the bourbon? Nah. Maybe if I was pounding down some Pappy Van Winkle but not the rot gut I was drinking last night

WhatTheFrog

Well that may br but I am proud of the friendships that I have made through this site and especially with the people on our podcast team

But bragging about the bourbon? Nah. Maybe if I was pounding down some Pappy Van Winkle but not the rot gut I was drinking last night
At least you addressed all of what I was referring to!

What is YOUR rot gut?

WhatTheFrog

Gotta say, I already respected DH and his efforts at and after TCU, but I have a newfound respect for the man he has become and am even prouder to call him a fellow Frog. His podcast message is powerful.

If you haven’t listened to the podcast, I suggest you do.

WhatTheFrog

I have to add on to what I said earlier (I know,I know)...my father always told me to travel the path less traveled. The less traveled path is the harder path, which will build character in the traveler.

I think DH truly traveled that less traveled path compared to KL, simply due to the fact that CGP is a defensive minded genius. If CGP wasn’t in DH’s face all the time, I’d suspect that CGP wasn’t doing his job (and I’ve never seen that to be the case).

If I was a defensive player coming into the TCU program and CGP DIDN’T know my name or number, I’d be more than worried. Get in my face and yell! I’d become a better player as a result (assuming my effort was there).

MTfrog5

Loved that they brought up Patterson’s reputation with scouts regarding Stanley. I said it when that came out either here or on 247 that Patterson is highly regarded for a reason and Kolby only got a chance because of the hard truths Patterson relayed to scouts about past players. One of my buddies is a college coach and literally has a list of coaches that told him things about players that turned out to be completely false once they got to campus. If he ever talks to these coaches again about a player, he takes pretty much everything they say with a grain of salt or in a couple cases he will just go other avenues to recruit kids from their school.

MTfrog5

Also regarding Hawthorne, what an unbelievable TCU alum he is. He’s right that there is a disconnect with TCU players now because they don’t know what it was like before. Had the pleasure of meeting him at Bryan Kervin’s benefit golf tournament years ago and you could tell he was just a great guy for the short time he talked with us between holes.