• The KillerFrogs

Lincoln Brilesbag couldn't take a knee with 1 minute to go in the game?!

Pharm Frog

He did precisely the right thing IMO...and I’m for sportsmanship. I have no doubt that LR would have taken the knee if we hadn’t called that TO. All we had to do was stop an obvious running play with a backup RB and he’d have knelt it down. But we conceded that game and then un-conceded and then took a stupid TO. LR did the Frogs a favor by going all conservative in the 4th otherwise it could have been in the mid 60’s

Froggy Style

He did precisely the right thing IMO...and I’m for sportsmanship. I have no doubt that LR would have taken the knee if we hadn’t called that TO. All we had to do was stop an obvious running play with a backup RB and he’d have knelt it down. But we conceded that game and then un-conceded and then took a stupid TO. LR did the Frogs a favor by going all conservative in the 4th otherwise it could have been in the mid 60’s
Exactly, Gary concedes/shortens the game, when it's still a game, just to preserve his stats. Then, when it's not a game, he tries to win the game of stats by lengthening the game.

Just more proof, like punting with 6 minutes, that Gary is more interested in Gary than winning. When reporters have to ask you why it appears you play to lose...then you know there's a problem. This stuff should get him locked out of the building.

FWSTC Hfrog

Replay of last year's game with the late timeout and GP calls timeout with LR ru
What an ass wipe....................
Don't even attempt to put LR in the same category as Art Briles. He is in a category with few others that include Urban and Petrino.
Two years in a row that GP calls a late timeout when LR was trying to end the game. I have 0 problems with them scoring. Got what was deserved.

froginaustin

Replay of last year's game with the late timeout and GP calls timeout with LR ru

Don't even attempt to put LR in the same category as Art Briles. He is in a category with few others that include Urban and Petrino.
Two years in a row that GP calls a late timeout when LR was trying to end the game. I have 0 problems with them scoring. Got what was deserved.

It was Mike Leach at TTech that defended running up the score on an obvious win. Said that it's up to the defense to stop it. Harsh comment, but probably right.
Harsh, too, for what happened to TTech the very next year.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?

This.

I remember a certain GMFP doing the same damned thing against an opponent who called a TO late, and saying at the press conference afters that they deserved it. That crow probably tastes just as good to him as it did to the other guy...

fff91

The timeout was bush league and then I really didnt understand why we kept running plays when we got the ball back. I can see why it would have been uncool for us to take a knee but once the clock went under 40 seconds why did we run another play. If we are so beat up and he is managing a season, it would seem it would have been better to just let the clock run out

PO Frog

I can’t believe nobody is talking about GP’s post game comments on this. He said you have to manage and coach a whole season, not just one game. Basically saying he conceded the game at that point. At least in years past he’d come up with some deranged explanation why the punt would help us win. He’s so unaccountable right now he doesn’t even bother pretending anymore. Time to move on.org.

Eight

I can’t believe nobody is talking about GP’s post game comments on this. He said you have to manage and coach a whole season, not just one game. Basically saying he conceded the game at that point. At least in years past he’d come up with some deranged explanation why the punt would help us win. He’s so unaccountable right now he doesn’t even bother pretending anymore. Time to move on.org.

careful, you will be asked to guarantee the future success of program for just thinking such things

Froggy Style

I said the same in another thread. I think this was a slip. He first answers the question by saying the fans don't know what they are talking about and goes on to explain how each of these moves he made were smart coaching decisions meant to win the game. Then, he follow up with he was just trying to get the game over with to "win" the season by getting to 6 wins. i.e.: yes, the fans are right, but I am smarter because the real goal is 6 wins and by ending the game we can go to the cheeze it bowl again and Gary coaches for another 6 million next year.

First, you're now calling out the fans (again), and also confirming the premise of the question...that you conceded the game because you think 6 wins is the goal...which is what the fans were saying.