1. The KillerFrogs

Let's Have a Poll

Discussion in 'The Pit' started by Horny4TCU, Oct 26, 2020.

?

Who are you voting for?

1. Trump

11 vote(s)
    68.8%
  2. Biden

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  3. Other

4 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. This might be fun to see how our fan base is politically. Cast your vote, or how you're going to vote here...

2. pretty sure there already is a poll started a week or so back

3. We already know the answer to this. This message board is probably 80% republican.

TCUdirtbag likes this.
  4. I am confident The Pit posters are not a representative sample of “our fan base.”

5. Other. I can not and will not vote for either of the two major candidates. I don't know who I'll vote for yet, though. Libertarians are too far gone, and there's no McMillin on the ballot this year. I am seriously considering null voting the President and focus down ballot.

6. I hear you. America can do better than what this ballot has to offer.

7. What do you think the split (Dem/Repub) is in our fan base?

8. [​IMG]

Hoosierfrog and Bob Sugar like this.
  9. I most likely won’t vote in the presidential. More concerned with my local races/senators and congressmen

Hoosierfrog and Eight like this.
  10. [​IMG]

tcudoc and HFrog1999 like this.
  11. I’d start with equating “fan base” with “alumni base” because I’m not sure how else you bound it. And then I’d look at those demographics.

Looking at the 2018 demographic splits, white college educated women went 59 D - 39 R. That’s the largest demographic in our alumni base. White college educated men went 47 D - 51 R (our second largest demographic). All nonwhite voters voted in favor of Ds over Rs. Due to enrollment growth, our alumni base skews younger than the population on average. And more and more students over time are coming from more moderate/liberal areas of the country (CA, CO, and urban areas).

National demographics would certainly project out to a Lean D, but I presume rural voters and white evangelicals are also over-represented relative to national totals in our alumni base (especially so in the population born before 1980). All taken together, I’d guess it probably balances out pretty evenly—but with a definite trend line over the past 20 years from right to center/center-left.

Certainly nowhere close to the 80/20 split in favor of Rs on this board.

12. I see where you're going with this in terms of being able to quantify, but surely we have to realize that the segment of TCU alumni that follows sports is a relatively small portion of our alumni base.

13. And growing smaller by the week.