• The KillerFrogs

Let’s talk O-Line

FrogLifeYo

I thought the line played very well. I know McKinney had a huge mistake on that Bosa sack/fumble and was yanked from the game but in fairness moving at hyper speed didn’t do him any favors. Especially backed up that much in our own territory. When we came out with McKinney at Tackle and Austin Meyers at Guard I thought that was a brilliant move. I hope we see more of that as the season goes on. I still think McKinney is going to work out. Going from JC to the Buckeyes is another level.

All in all The o-line was battling and holding their own all night against a really good def Line. I’m happy with their progress.

As far as I’m concerned Thomsen needs a raise

LeagueCityFrog

Austin Meyers blew a couple of huge plays and we got destroyed as a result, but then again it was probably the #1 DL in America that we just played. Just keep "growin' them up." We should be solid on the O Line the next couple of weeks.

f_399

Didn't realize Bosa could be the #1 overall draft pick

I was talking to an OSU fan then shortly after he proceeded to get the sack/fumble.

Pharm Frog

The Ohio State DL played better as a group once Bosa went down.

I thought our OL played VERY well. We are in a real good spot there

That's because they kept bringing more bodies into the up-field push. When Bosa was in there they didn't feel the need to bring an extra or two.

netty2424

More credit to Cumbie in creating a great game plan.

Tempo tempo tempo, work the sidelines and open space outside the tackles, quick releases to avoid pressure, spread 'em out, bust Jet up the middle. Beautiful.

HFrog12

More credit to Cumbie in creating a great game plan.

Tempo tempo tempo, work the sidelines and open space outside the tackles, quick releases to avoid pressure, spread 'em out, bust Jet up the middle. Beautiful.

Cumbie just needed to stick to that game plan. He called a great first half but kind of abandoned what you said in the second half. I think he gets a little cute sometimes and thinks that if the defense has seen it once then they will be ready for it. Instead of doing what has been successful until they prove they can stop you. Not jumping all over Cumbie because outside of the shovel pass I think he called a pretty good game. Just need to stick with whats working and keep feeding Jet.

Wexahu

Cumbie just needed to stick to that game plan. He called a great first half but kind of abandoned what you said in the second half. I think he gets a little cute sometimes and thinks that if the defense has seen it once then they will be ready for it. Instead of doing what has been successful until they prove they can stop you. Not jumping all over Cumbie because outside of the shovel pass I think he called a pretty good game. Just need to stick with whats working and keep feeding Jet.

The problem is the defense adjusts to what you're doing so you can't keep doing the same thing. I thought it was a good game plan that negated their advantage on the D-line. If SR's shovel pass gets dropped and we punt and if Nunez is able to handle the snap on the other punt it's probably a very different game.

dawg

All in all The o-line was battling and holding their own all night against a really good def Line. I’m happy with their progress.

As far as I’m concerned Thomsen needs a raise

O-line played, on the whole, really well, and they'll get better going forward. Bosa showed his quality on the strip-sack, and their DT made a tremendous play on the pick-6. Take away those two plays, and, well, something about nuts and Christmas. Ran for 200+ yards and protected SR pretty well; not bad for replacing four seniors.

FrogLifeYo

I think tempo worked well in the first half but when we moved a head, I would have liked for us to slow down and try and establish the run. Not abandon tempo but use it more selectively. Tempo makes no Since on 3rd and long or after a incomplete passes.

All that to say I think Cumbie called a good game but I’d like to see him have made some adjustments coming out of the locker room

Jackson

I thought I OL was the biggest positive surprise! Ohio State figured they were going to own us at the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. Little doubt anOSU did win the LOS but the young Frogs were more than adequate!
Few thoughts: 1) Bosa beat McKinney and got to S.R. on the first series.....nice adjustment made as it didnt happen to McKinney again. 2) Very tough night for our beloved Turp.....left 12-14 pts on the field. Costly holding penalty on Anderson’s opening drive TD.....penalized and yielded ZERO PTS. The trick KO play....once again Turp throws a forward pass that takes PTS off the board and leads to destruction.