• The KillerFrogs

Lessons on fan arrogance

the dutchman

amen Duq. They picked their route years ago and now it may be backfiring. Let them have a taste of what it is like to have to work to build a program. The Baylor cubs can go to H--ll. GO FROGS.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I agree with Froglaw. And I extra-especially agree with Duq, although I have but one quibble with his masterful rant: Bevo ain't a cow and that ain't a teat..

Otherwise, full steam ahead! Kick the Baywhores to the curb and laugh as they fade in the rearview mirror. I'm sure they'll get along fine in CUSA, assuming they extend them a bid, that is...

Froglaw

There are reasons for adding Baylor.

Travel partner for TCU to MWC tournaments.

Baylor does have an alumni base in all three Texas media markets.

Baylor does have excellent facilities for its athletes (FCS not included).

Academically, it does raise the level of the MWC harbor.

Finally, better to beat them head to head and then compete for football recruits.

Is Baylor a drain? No, it is a non-movant on the BC$ chart.

What would be fun?

Watching the Mormons on one side and the Baylor Baptists on the other at Floyd Casey Stadium. Visions on Northern Ireland in the 1970's come to mind. :laugh:

QUOTE(BrewingFrog @ Jun 4 2010, 01:54 PM) [snapback]568540[/snapback]
Bevo ain't a cow and that ain't a teat..

I'm not sure Baylor knows the difference and even if they do, I'm not sure they care ...

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I'm not sure Baylor knows the difference and even if they do, I'm not sure they care ...

I spilled a little beer on that one! Heh...

Perhaps they can pay an Aggie to tell them all about it...

Purple Heart

QUOTE(ectofrog @ Jun 4 2010, 05:43 PM) [snapback]568532[/snapback]
Where are you, Purple Heart? You have a lot to respond to. With all the humor since, please don't forget about the thrashing I gave you a few pages back.

And right on, Duq! Great post.

Actually, "ecto", I just now checked back for the first time since I turned the computer off last night, and I could care less about your response. And it was not a "thrashing". It was a joke. I do think this entire thread has turned out to be pretty funny - how seriously you and a few others take this stuff.

Okay, so what if I got the recent Baylor Aggie football series wrong. After the season before the last one, it was 2-2 over previous four years and could have easily been 3-1 if Aggies hadn't won in overtime in one of those games. I was wrong. Big deal. Both of them were bad teams. And so freaking what if Tech finally took the lead last year in the 3rd qtr instead of the 4th qtr. It was 4th qtr in Lubbock the year before, and both games were being controlled by Baylor until the latter part of the game. Ask Tech, a respectable team, if they were ever concerned or had any reason to be concerned during those games. I saw both games, one in person, and they are lying if they say they were never concerned.

Get a life, man. If you want "thrashing" let me say you are a pretty lame excuse for a Fellow Frog. I bet I have been to more TCU events and done more for our school than you could dream of if you had the rest of your life to do so. I only have a minute. And that's about how much time I had to think and type my other messages. You see, unlike you, I don't spend all night writing and rewriting drafts and researching - I have to rely on my memory, and its pretty good, but its not perfect. You see, like most in the main stream, I have other things going on in my life, namely, work and a lot of other things, too, many of which have to do with TCU. And yes, in case you or others are wondering, I have connections with both schools including, like more than I realized would say, degrees from both schools. But I have far more connections and love with and for TCU than I do for Baylor. However, this board is not part of my daily regimen, so I really don't care if I am welcome here, which apparently I am not (unlike everywhere else I go all the time that has to do with TCU).

What you and few other Baylor haters have done is give ample bulletin board material for our upcoming games with them, and if I wasn't pulling for the Frogs all the way, I almost wish it would blow up in your face. Laugh all you want. You have to respect their athletic accomplishments whether you want to or not. Either that or you are an idiot. Since you have so much time, have you ever considered how good you have to be to be national champions - or even nationally ranked? I know you don't care, but check out their history in all the non-football sports. You will see alot of Big 12 championships and multiple national championships. Don't count football - thats fine - they really struggle there - yeah they are bad, but wasn't always the case, and I guarantee you they are not as bad as you or your buddies would like. I remember seeing a game I think it was 1981 when they beat UT like 51-7 - and had a home win streak vs. Texas of like 4+ - check it out if you like - I can guarantee you I did not get the score exactly right and I dont care because unlike you I don't have the time. BUT they are not in the top 5 worst teams in the nation - sorry you are dead wrong about that one.

You don't have to respond. I don't really care and probably wont read it anyway.

Go Frogs!

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
QUOTE(Purple Heart @ Jun 4 2010, 01:39 PM) [snapback]568556[/snapback]
I do think this entire thread has turned out to be pretty funny - how seriously you and a few others take this stuff.

And you respond with a novella.

I love irony.........

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
I do think this entire thread has turned out to be pretty funny - how seriously you and a few others take this stuff.

Good thing you don't take yourself too seriously.

What you and few other Baylor haters have done is give ample bulletin board material for our upcoming games with them
Seriously? You are worried that this thread or the opinions of some on this board has now doomed us to an arse-whoopin' by Baylor? :wacko:

Oh yeah, you don't take yourself seriously.

I think the team has our backs ... :rolleyes:

ectofrog

Would you like some cheese with your whine? Good lord.

I love how one of your main points throughout this rambling MESS of a response is that you have a life and thus don't have the time to get your facts straight or look up a stat or a score...yet your post is almost the exact same length mine was. I'm obviously smarter and type faster than you, so if I write a post about the same length as yours, it means my post+fact-check took no longer than just your post.

Seriously, do you think my response to you was SO good that it must have taken me an hour or something? I think I spent about 10 minutes on that.

Just because YOU are slow enough that it'd take a massive amount of your time to concoct a rebuttal like mine doesn't mean the rest of us are, Baylor Heart. I made my response as an afterthought once I was done working late on the computer last night.

And it was not a "thrashing".

Yes, it was. I thoroughly eviscerated everything you said.

It was a joke.

Okay...

I thought it was a joke.

Okay, so what if I got the recent Baylor Aggie football series wrong.

So what if I make factual statements that are absolutely false? That's your argument? So what? If you post incorrect data to back up your (lame) point that happens to swim against the tide here, you HAVE to expect to get called out on it.

After the season before the last one, it was 2-2 over previous four years and could have easily been 3-1 if Aggies hadn't won in overtime in one of those games.

Ignoring the odd structure of this sentence.....YOU ARE STILL WRONG! How hard is it to look up a few scores before CONTINUING to post things that are absolutely false. Can I break this down for you please? After "the season before the last one," I'm assuming you're talking here about after '08, when Baylor had won. So here we go:

'08: Baylor 41, Texas A&M 21
'07: Texas A&M 34, Baylor 10
'06: Texas A&M 31, Baylor 21
'05: Texas A&M 16, Baylor 13

Baylor has not been as good as 2-2 vs. Aggie over ANY four-year stretch since.....

1982-'85, when the Bears were 2-1-1 against A&M. Why do you KEEP claiming differently?

I have to rely on my memory, and its pretty good, but its not perfect.

I think your assessment of "pretty good" is a bit of an overstatement. Knowing that, you might want to write less words next time but make sure that the words you do write are actually true!

You see, like most in the main stream, I have other things going on in my life, namely, work and a lot of other things, too, many of which have to do with TCU.

This distinguishes you in NO WAY from me and is not an acceptable excuse for your lame, factually-incorrect posts.

You have to respect their athletic accomplishments whether you want to or not.

I really don't.

Either that or you are an idiot.

I'm not the one who WATCHES BAYLOR and STILL can't figure out what on earth their record is against Texas A&M the last few years.

You don't have to respond. I don't really care and probably wont read it anyway.

I'm sure you wish I hadn't, and your lack of reading might be part of the problem here!

Frogs97

OK, it's a little silly to say that the Baylor football program is worthy of respect. But, I think many of you are missing the greater irony here. In your attempts to prove how completely insignificant Baylor football is, you are really showing that they aren't worth the vitriol that you have for them. They were insignificant when Ma Richards forced them on the Big XII, and they are completely and utterly irrelevant today. Basketball did well, and the baseball team is solid. Good for them. Personally, I haven't cared about basketball since the days of James Penny and the MJs. Currently, their baseball team has scoreboard on us, but our boys are pissed, and they play soooooooo well when they're pissed. I want to go see that game, just to see the carnage. But, I'd want to see anytime we had a rematch with a team that beat us by 10 runs.

But, Baylor isn't worth your energies here. Just do what you do anytime you see some blow-hard loser screaming about how important they are ... shake your head and walk away.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
QUOTE(Duquesne Frog @ Jun 4 2010, 12:33 PM) [snapback]568524[/snapback]
Even if you could convince me that there is some viable economic reason to include Baylor in some sort of conference expansion scenario involving TCU (e.g., MWC + Big 12 leftovers after Pac10, SEC, Big10 pilfering), this is one case where I'd be willing to cut off my nose to spite my face. Let them swim around as a have-not for the next few decades and see how easy it is to build a top 10 program. Let them see what life is like without having UT's big bovine teet to suck on. Let them understand what a true recruiting disadvantage it is to be in unstable conferences filled with the non-Elect. Let them understand what it is like trying to obtain a decent TV contract in a non-Elect conference that doesn't force you to play any day of the week. Let them understand what it is like to not have access to even medium payout bowls, presuming they could ever build a good enough program to get into a bowl.

Buck Faylor ...

Like McDonalds, I'm lovin' it!

Gaylor will end up in the Sun Belt or maybe CUSA when this is all said and done. Can you imagine how dominate their Women's Basketball team would be in the Sun Belt? :tongue:

the dutchman

QUOTE(Purple Heart @ Jun 4 2010, 12:39 PM) [snapback]568556[/snapback]
Actually, "ecto", I just now checked back for the first time since I turned the computer off last night, and I could care less about your response. And it was not a "thrashing". It was a joke. I do think this entire thread has turned out to be pretty funny - how seriously you and a few others take this stuff.

Okay, so what if I got the recent Baylor Aggie football series wrong. After the season before the last one, it was 2-2 over previous four years and could have easily been 3-1 if Aggies hadn't won in overtime in one of those games. I was wrong. Big deal. Both of them were bad teams. And so freaking what if Tech finally took the lead last year in the 3rd qtr instead of the 4th qtr. It was 4th qtr in Lubbock the year before, and both games were being controlled by Baylor until the latter part of the game. Ask Tech, a respectable team, if they were ever concerned or had any reason to be concerned during those games. I saw both games, one in person, and they are lying if they say they were never concerned.

Get a life, man. If you want "thrashing" let me say you are a pretty lame excuse for a Fellow Frog. I bet I have been to more TCU events and done more for our school than you could dream of if you had the rest of your life to do so. I only have a minute. And that's about how much time I had to think and type my other messages. You see, unlike you, I don't spend all night writing and rewriting drafts and researching - I have to rely on my memory, and its pretty good, but its not perfect. You see, like most in the main stream, I have other things going on in my life, namely, work and a lot of other things, too, many of which have to do with TCU. And yes, in case you or others are wondering, I have connections with both schools including, like more than I realized would say, degrees from both schools. But I have far more connections and love with and for TCU than I do for Baylor. However, this board is not part of my daily regimen, so I really don't care if I am welcome here, which apparently I am not (unlike everywhere else I go all the time that has to do with TCU).

What you and few other Baylor haters have done is give ample bulletin board material for our upcoming games with them, and if I wasn't pulling for the Frogs all the way, I almost wish it would blow up in your face. Laugh all you want. You have to respect their athletic accomplishments whether you want to or not. Either that or you are an idiot. Since you have so much time, have you ever considered how good you have to be to be national champions - or even nationally ranked? I know you don't care, but check out their history in all the non-football sports. You will see alot of Big 12 championships and multiple national championships. Don't count football - thats fine - they really struggle there - yeah they are bad, but wasn't always the case, and I guarantee you they are not as bad as you or your buddies would like. I remember seeing a game I think it was 1981 when they beat UT like 51-7 - and had a home win streak vs. Texas of like 4+ - check it out if you like - I can guarantee you I did not get the score exactly right and I dont care because unlike you I don't have the time. BUT they are not in the top 5 worst teams in the nation - sorry you are dead wrong about that one.

Go Frogs!

Whats comical is you must take it seriously because you keep defending the bears or the Gaylor Wheres. Apparently you took it seriously enough to start the whole thread. Dont factor the Faggies into the equation their football is just as bad as Gaylor. But I can say this they are getting better. Gaylor we shall see. Do you really think Dalton and Co. would overlook the lowly bears. Come on... Give me a break. CGP is too good of a coach and he wont let this happen. You mention how involved you are with TCU. Great, so am I and I am closer to some of the insiders there than you think. I have two degrees from TCU and almost a doctorate. All this and the facts remain. Baylor is foolery. Baylor doesnt respect TCU in anything. In fact they look down on us because of their coat tail ways of getting into the Big 12 club. And lastly, it is possible their world could come to halt if the big 12 collapses. And No they shouldnt be let in to the MWC should that happen. They should be left to survive with the likes of SmWho and learn what it is like to not have a seat at the table. Hey Baylor if you can get there Mobile is a nice city to play in a bowl. That is if you can get there.

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
And welcome to any visitors from BaylorFans.com who might be perusing this thread.

Y'all really support your team. All those people wearing green at the baseball game right now is amazing........

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
QUOTE(RSF @ Jun 4 2010, 03:25 PM) [snapback]568630[/snapback]
And welcome to any visitors from BaylorFans.com who might be perusing this thread.

Y'all really support your team. All those people wearing green at the baseball game right now is amazing........

My thought too. What was PH saying about all those fans Baylor bring to FW????

Of course, fans are in the upper deck as I assume the lower section are all tourney seats taken by TCU fans.

Baylor now up 4-3 top of 6

the dutchman

QUOTE(TopFrog @ Jun 4 2010, 02:47 PM) [snapback]568641[/snapback]
My thought too. What was PH saying about all those fans Baylor bring to FW????

Of course, fans are in the upper deck as I assume the lower section are all tourney seats taken by TCU fans.

Baylor now up 4-3 top of 6

Not now baby. Gaylor getting drove 9-4. Its a lovely day at Lupton. Tis beautiful out here from my vantage point. Not too many Gaylor Where fans here. Wonder were they are. You know according to PH they travel so well.

VictoryLap

You have to respect their athletic accomplishments whether you want to or not. Either that or you are an idiot. Since you have so much time, have you ever considered how good you have to be to be national champions - or even nationally ranked? I know you don't care, but check out their history in all the non-football sports. You will see alot of Big 12 championships and multiple national championships.

I specifically remember a thread on baylor fans denigrating our recent air rifle national championship. They don't respect ours either.

gobears13

I am a big fan of both TCU and Baylor. Actually, two of my final three schools were TCU and Baylor.

I wish this could be a friendly rivalry. Of course our football team sucks, and thats why i was cheering for TCU to make it to a national championship in football. I respect horn frog football just as much a horn frog.

But dont put down other Baylor sports. In less then a decade the basketball team rose from the dead after receiving the death penalty nearly equivalent to that of the SMU football team. That is nearly a miracle! It has taken SMU football three decades to get back to what they were! I wish you horn frogs could respect that as much as I know almost all of the Baylor people I know respect TCU. In fact, two of my friends are engaged to TCU students.

And I am sick and tired of the Conference crap. If you are good, you are good. No matter what conference you are in. TCU has proved that over the past few years with their football team.

To the guy who said if he judged Baylor by the posters he would say Baylor is a bunch of douches: read what the posters on this board have said. Im glad I know TCU students who dont act this way. Remember what the C stands for in TCU.

Lets have a fun rivalry, and Ill be in Ft. Worth this coming up football season to watch the Bears and Horn Frogs play. Hopefully it will be a good game! Nonetheless I will enjoy it no doubt.

God bless and Sic' em Bears!
and while the Horn Frogs arent playin the Bears... Give em Hell TCU!

purplepreacher

QUOTE(gobears13 @ Jun 5 2010, 08:36 PM) [snapback]569182[/snapback]
I am a big fan of both TCU and Baylor. Actually, two of my final three schools were TCU and Baylor.

I wish this could be a friendly rivalry. Of course our football team sucks, and thats why i was cheering for TCU to make it to a national championship in football. I respect horn frog football just as much a horn frog.

But dont put down other Baylor sports. In less then a decade the basketball team rose from the dead after receiving the death penalty nearly equivalent to that of the SMU football team. That is nearly a miracle! It has taken SMU football three decades to get back to what they were! I wish you horn frogs could respect that as much as I know almost all of the Baylor people I know respect TCU. In fact, two of my friends are engaged to TCU students.

And I am sick and tired of the Conference crap. If you are good, you are good. No matter what conference you are in. TCU has proved that over the past few years with their football team.

To the guy who said if he judged Baylor by the posters he would say Baylor is a bunch of douches: read what the posters on this board have said. Im glad I know TCU students who dont act this way. Remember what the C stands for in TCU.

Lets have a fun rivalry, and Ill be in Ft. Worth this coming up football season to watch the Bears and Horn Frogs play. Hopefully it will be a good game! Nonetheless I will enjoy it no doubt.

God bless and Sic' em Bears!
and while the Horn Frogs arent playin the Bears... Give em Hell TCU!

I AGREE WITH EVERYTHING YOU SAY.