• The KillerFrogs

Les Miles Talking To KU

Limey Frog

If he had a bad offense at LSU, just imagine how bad it would be at KU.

Alternately, given that he started OSU's revival and won a national championship in Baton Rouge, you can expect KU to clear a space for us at number ten in the conference standings.

Eight

Alternately, given that he started OSU's revival and won a national championship in Baton Rouge, you can expect KU to clear a space for us at number ten in the conference standings.

in stillwater les had access to boone's check book and at lsu he could swing a dead possum over his head and hit nfl talent, but i don't see self wanting to share the check book and lawrence is not exactly a hot bed of talent

PO Frog

I don’t think Les is going to out-1coach anyone. He had more talent than everyone while at LSU. Will never be the case at KU.

CountryFrog

I don't see Les Miles or anyone else having any kind of consistent success at that place. They fell into a couple good seasons with Mangino and I'm sure at some point they'll fall into some very short term success again just because that happens sometimes. They had some help, too, with the format of the Big 12 back then. They got to play most of their games against the mostly awful North teams and only occasional matchups with the powers of the conference who were in the South. They don't have the luxury of dodging any teams anymore.

Plus if any coach did have any kind of actual success there then they would immediately become the hottest coach in football and inevitably leave for a better job where they're not second fiddle to the basketball program.

BABYFACE

in stillwater les had access to boone's check book and at lsu he could swing a dead possum over his head and hit nfl talent, but i don't see self wanting to share the check book and lawrence is not exactly a hot bed of talent
Made me laugh on the dead possum.

Eight

I have one better, how about Patterson hire him on. Let him run point with the assistant coaches.

to do what?

les was an offensive line coach, he was an offensive line coach, and he did favor a conservative run heavy offense which reflects the influence of schembechler.

are you saying bring les in to take over the offense?

TX_Krötenechse

Les isn’t going to KU. Everyone knows it. He’s only floating his name because he has to be actively searching for coaching jobs in order for LSU to keep paying him.

Salfrog

Tier 1
Les isn’t going to KU. Everyone knows it. He’s only floating his name because he has to be actively searching for coaching jobs in order for LSU to keep paying him.

Miles & LSU agreed on a 1.5M buyout on the remainder of his contract today, so Les can coach anywhere that wants him now.

MTfrog5

I think he’s going to realize pretty quickly that Kansas high school football doesn’t produce the same level of talent that Louisiana did and can’t just win games by having better athletes