• The KillerFrogs

Lawrence Journal-World: Kansas' Azubuike 'questionable' for TCU

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Lawrence Journal-World: Kansas' Azubuike 'questionable' for TCU

By Matt Tait

Udoka Azubuike’s status for the final home game of his college career is in jeopardy, Kansas coach Bill Self said Sunday.

Azubuike, who rolled his right ankle during Saturday’s 62-58 victory over Kansas State in Manhattan is listed as “questionable” for the top-ranked Jayhawks’ home finale against TCU on Wednesday night at Allen Fieldhouse.

“Hopefully he’ll be able to play Wednesday,” Self said during the team’s annual Wilt Chamberlain Special Olympics Clinic. “But we can’t count on that right now.”

Read more at http://www2.kusports.com/news/2020/...-calls-udoka-azubuike-questi/?mens_basketball

Purp

I can't imagine it'll matter much either way given how terrible we've been on the road all year, but he was basically the only guy that we had no answer for in the first matchup.
Maybe Tech will do us a favor and beat baylor tonight so Kansas will have no need to play him given a 1.5 game lead in conference standings. Plus, baylor goes on the road to Western Virginia to close out the regular season, which could be another L for the bad guys. If Kansas is safe in their position to win the conference title outright I doubt he plays.

Purp

I’d rather lose to KU than have Baylor end up winning the conference. Because [Baylor asshoe].
If we had something more than the NIT to play for I might disagree with this, but I have no dispute with this statement given the current state of things.

tcumaniac

So even if we beat KU and OU there's really no shot at making the NCAA tournament outside of winning the Big 12 tournament?

HFrog12

I’d rather lose to KU than have Baylor end up winning the conference. Because [Baylor asshoe].

I would be lying if I said it didn't cross my mind. And I could have missed the sarcasm, but just no. That would be rather aggy of us. Beating #1 KU on the road would be incredible and keep this program trending in the right direction. I don't care if it is meaningless for our post season hopes. That being said, we are playing with total house money. Either beat the #1 team on the road. Or lose to the #1 team on the road and continue to keep BU from a title.

Purp

If we beat both of them I think we will need to make it to the finals in the conference tournament to have a shot. Beating nobody OOC will be held against us
And I don't think it would be held against us as much if we hadn't lost to Texas twice, and ISU/OSU. If we win 3 of those games we are having a totally different conversation right now.

The OOC losses are killers, though b/c if we made one more 3 against both Clemson and USC we're in a totally different situation. Hell, take those four points and add in the 1 against Texas and 6 against ISU and 11 points in the right games are difference between us maybe being a tourney team right now and needing a nearly impossible amount of help to get there.

Inconsistency.

LVH

So even if we beat KU and OU there's really no shot at making the NCAA tournament outside of winning the Big 12 tournament?

I think we would actually get an at-large bid were we to beat Kansas and Oklahoma.

That's the issue though, KenPom gives us a 5% chance of beating Kansas and 43% chance of beating Oklahoma. That's about a 2.5% chance of winning both.

Lose to Kansas and the only shot is to make the Big 12 final. Stay on the 6-7 line of the bracket and avoid Kansas's side of the bracket and anything is possible

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I would be lying if I said it didn't cross my mind. And I could have missed the sarcasm, but just no. That would be rather aggy of us. Beating #1 KU on the road would be incredible and keep this program trending in the right direction. I don't care if it is meaningless for our post season hopes. That being said, we are playing with total house money. Either beat the #1 team on the road. Or lose to the #1 team on the road and continue to keep BU from a title.
Yes it was only partly serious. Or more depending on how much Baylor sucks at the moment.