• The KillerFrogs

Last Touchdown

Dtx_Frog_Fan

I wanted to get thoughts from everyone on the last touchdown.

My take is that they should have run it up the middle with a minute and change left and if it happens, it happens. Throwing it at that moment I can’t comprehend, especially after iowa state punted.

All things considered, this is a really good problem to have.

bc puckett

My take is that they should have run it up the middle with a minute and change left and if it happens, it happens. Throwing it at that moment I can’t comprehend, especially after iowa state punted.

Yeah I’m sure Matt Campbell was taking notes on that last drive.

Pharm Frog

After ISU ran a reverse throw-back against 2nd and 3rd string defenders, I really don’t think it mattered.

Horny4TCU

Didn't ISU throw it on us last year, even when they were up multiple scores?

Scheiss Matt Campbell.

I just wish Bailey would've gotten the touchdown. He was open on the righthand side. Dude wanted a touchdown and was running like a man possessed.
Yeah, they threw it on us last year. Up 41 - 14 they threw a pass to go up 48 - 14

I wish we would've scored two more on em.

200.gif

fanatical frog

LHCGFP hated to run up the score, as do I. However, in years past our opponents KNEW we were going to keep it between the tackles (while trying to be good sportsmen and intending to hold the score down) and dang near tore some of our running backs heads off. Putting it in the air on occasion is ok in my book if it helps keep our players healthy. Also, like Wex said, those guys that get beat up in practice all year long and seldom see the field have earned a chance to play.

Paint It Purple

I raised an eyebrow at the play calls too, but this wasn't just any end of a game. This was getting ready to play for a National Championship. With that in mind it made a lot of sense.