• The KillerFrogs

Last Post

GenXFrog

Two years ago today was the last time we spoke face to face. I think it may have been the last time you came up for a game.

It was a great evening. My fam got to crash the student section, we beat OSU in the Carter, and we got bowl eligible.

We visited for awhile at the Killerfrogs tailgate after you finished shooting the KF video with Tank Carder that afternoon. I remember it taking Tank a couple of takes to 1) not catch the football and then 2) immaculately deflect it. :) Amazingly, our topic even then was our offensive coaching staff. Some things haven't changed.

Just a little trip down memory lane.

God bless. Go Frogs.

steelfrog

Tier 1
I miss him too, @QuilterFrawg

I prolly never told you all this, but maybe I did. You want to know how nice a guy Wes was? For years, he chided me about not having a class ring. It genuinely didn't bother me but I guess it did him. Heck I don't even wear a wedding ring.

Anyway, one day when I went to visit him down in Georgetown, Claire met me at the front door and said he had a surprise for me. I went in there where he was lying in his bedroom in his hospital bed, and he gave me HIS class ring (Geology), which I cherish more than I ever would one of my own. I see it and touch it daily (although I don't wear it--his fingers were bigger than mine!).

Wes was just a very, very good dude. Always thinking about other people. Great sense of humor. I have only ever met one person who didn't like him, and that's no exaggeration.

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
I miss him too, @QuilterFrawg

I prolly never told you all this, but maybe I did. You want to know how nice a guy Wes was? For years, he chided me about not having a class ring. It genuinely didn't bother me but I guess it did him. Heck I don't even wear a wedding ring.

Anyway, one day when I went to visit him down in Georgetown, Claire met me at the front door and said he had a surprise for me. I went in there where he was lying in his bedroom in his hospital bed, and he gave me HIS class ring (Geology), which I cherish more than I ever would one of my own. I see it and touch it daily (although I don't wear it--his fingers were bigger than mine!).

Wes was just a very, very good dude. Always thinking about other people. Great sense of humor. I have only ever met one person who didn't like him, and that's no exaggeration.
Excellent story. Thank you for sharing.

82Frog

To my Killer Frogs.com and TCU family

If you are reading this it can only mean one thing, that I pass from this earth and started my next adventure.

I wish that I could’ve been here to deliver this message personally to each of you, look in the eyes, shake your hands perhaps give you a hug and thank you for all that you’ve meant to me the last 20+ years. It is been one hell of a ride.

All of you have been my friends, my family, my support group and a source of common sense and good judgment for me and I thank you for that.

It is been my pleasure and great honor to have been your master ceremonies on Killer Frogs.com.

Many of you I’ve got to know personally and I consider you to be good friends. Unfortunately, there’re a lot of you whom I have not had the great pleasure of meeting and that is my loss as I think all of us could have become great friends.

Little did I know, that in 1997, when seven of us started Killer Frogs.com, that it would become the powerhouse site that is now.

It is been a great source of pride for me to watch traffic grow and exceed all expectations and we owe it all to you, the TCU fan.

Thank you so much.

To all of you who prayed for me, kept me in your thoughts and sent well wishes to me throughout my bout with cancer, I cannot tell you how much I appreciated it. I want you to know that I fought as hard as I could and my doctor fired as many bullets possible at this disease but sometimes your face a foe that is bigger, stronger and is better armed. Such was the case with this cancer. I fought this disease until hell froze over then I put on my skates to fight it on the ice. It was just a better skater that I was.

I’ll leave now with this. For the bottom of my heart, thank you for making my life so much richer.

God bless you and Go Frogs

Wes

Say hello to my brother Craig Wes. He's a newcomer up in heaven so you might show him around. . . I know you guys knew each other at TCU. Thanks Wes. . .you are missed.

froginmn

I can't think of many things that would be better to rally around. Shall we win CFP in memory of Scott and Wes?

tenor.gif