• The KillerFrogs

Last Post

Dutch

T C U Froooogs
My first ever internet flame war was with “Tired” on the old original FFF, so I suppose you could say Wes took my internet virginity. I especially appreciated him taking my wife’s suggestion when I PMed him the day after the Frogs historic Alamo Bowl comeback that he should put “Riff BRAM Bah Zoo” on the banner of KF.c. It was up in 2 minutes. He left it there for weeks and let me know in reply that he understood the value of keeping the wives happy. I have led the league in reduced office productivity ever since the site(s) began. Big Frog II is neck and neck with me though. We will carry on for Wes, Scott, Dan, et al with heavy hearts and purple blood. Vaya con Dios.

Rest In Peace my dear friend. You are a great friend and I will miss you greatly.

To my Killer Frogs.com and TCU family

If you are reading this it can only mean one thing, that I pass from this earth and started my next adventure.

I wish that I could’ve been here to deliver this message personally to each of you, look in the eyes, shake your hands perhaps give you a hug and thank you for all that you’ve meant to me the last 20+ years. It is been one hell of a ride.

All of you have been my friends, my family, my support group and a source of common sense and good judgment for me and I thank you for that.

It is been my pleasure and great honor to have been your master ceremonies on Killer Frogs.com.

Many of you I’ve got to know personally and I consider you to be good friends. Unfortunately, there’re a lot of you whom I have not had the great pleasure of meeting and that is my loss as I think all of us could have become great friends.

Little did I know, that in 1997, when seven of us started Killer Frogs.com, that it would become the powerhouse site that is now.

It is been a great source of pride for me to watch traffic grow and exceed all expectations and we owe it all to you, the TCU fan.

Thank you so much.

To all of you who prayed for me, kept me in your thoughts and sent well wishes to me throughout my bout with cancer, I cannot tell you how much I appreciated it. I want you to know that I fought as hard as I could and my doctor fired as many bullets possible at this disease but sometimes your face a foe that is bigger, stronger and is better armed. Such was the case with this cancer. I fought this disease until hell froze over then I put on my skates to fight it on the ice. It was just a better skater that I was.

I’ll leave now with this. For the bottom of my heart, thank you for making my life so much richer.

God bless you and Go Frogs

Wes

If you are reading this it can only mean one thing, that I pass from this earth and started my next adventure.

I wish that I could’ve been here to deliver this message personally to each of you, look in the eyes, shake your hands perhaps give you a hug and thank you for all that you’ve meant to me the last 20+ years. It is been one hell of a ride.

All of you have been my friends, my family, my support group and a source of common sense and good judgment for me and I thank you for that.

It is been my pleasure and great honor to have been your master ceremonies on Killer Frogs.com.

Many of you I’ve got to know personally and I consider you to be good friends. Unfortunately, there’re a lot of you whom I have not had the great pleasure of meeting and that is my loss as I think all of us could have become great friends.

Little did I know, that in 1997, when seven of us started Killer Frogs.com, that it would become the powerhouse site that is now.

It is been a great source of pride for me to watch traffic grow and exceed all expectations and we owe it all to you, the TCU fan.

Thank you so much.

To all of you who prayed for me, kept me in your thoughts and sent well wishes to me throughout my bout with cancer, I cannot tell you how much I appreciated it. I want you to know that I fought as hard as I could and my doctor fired as many bullets possible at this disease but sometimes your face a foe that is bigger, stronger and is better armed. Such was the case with this cancer. I fought this disease until hell froze over then I put on my skates to fight it on the ice. It was just a better skater that I was.

I’ll leave now with this. For the bottom of my heart, thank you for making my life so much richer.

Wes

Scottsfrog

I sent him an email before I read about his passing, we lost another Frog Fan legend. Scott and Wes had seats behind our family seats before the remodel, hope y'all have room for one more in the big Skybox...... https://www.dignitymemorial.com/obi...zIN3WqGPzFS45l7TX-at2QMNXRuxQeMFhwqejY3oMwnL4
So sorry for your loss! Ralph behind us in our old football seats and over the years became part of our Frog Family! So hard to be at games when so much changes...thankful for those who remain. I’m so sorry for your loss! I know Scotty was happy to see him Home! And Wes was pumped to find him there!

Thank you so much.

Wes
What a brave man. Thank you Wes, for touching all of our hearts with the dignity and class you possessed, especially in your final days. I agree with another poster that this should be called the Scott and Wes or Wes and Scott Frog Fan Forum. Rest in peace.

cctcu

We will truly miss you, but God has you in paradise with Him and where things are now wonderful. We will remember you as we post and use your memory to keep things focused and positive on TCU. You were one of the best.

NNM

I can eat 50 eggs
The finality of this unfortunately expected announcement is more than sobering. Wes handled this last chapter of his life openly on the board, as he did with the loss of his son and the loss of his dear friend Scott. He did that with class and humor. He and his family (and the TCU fan family) were given a beautiful gift this last year of knowing the end was coming and being able to say what needed to be said, and do what needed to be done, over an extended period. Wes made the most of that gift, even to the original post in this thread. What a beautiful spirit.

He sought justice, loved mercy, and walked humbly with his God. We are all better for having known him.

Someone please post details on services, etc., when they are available.

When I was on the TCU beat, nothing made me happier than breaking down the future of the programs with Wes (and Scott). They were so good to me when I was a young reporter working for the Skiff and made me feel like I was an important part of the beat media and the TCU community from Day 1 to my last day at the Star-T. Just honored I had the chance to call those two my friends. I certainly know I wouldn't be the reporter and person I am today without the support I had from Wes.

My prayers and well wishes to his family and the KF.c fam.

Attachments

• KFC.png
    KFC.png
    263.6 KB · Views: 32

Tumbleweed

Fabulous gesture on FFF's part to put the picture up with Scottie and Wes. That's outta sight with class. We'll miss those two a lot in the future.

Just look at that picture and the personalities of those two just lights up the joint. That little yellow ducky for Scottie in his bathrobe says it all. Love it.....

Last edited:

damnyankeephrog

A few years ago, Wes had mentioned his son's (Cameron?) favorite pub in NYC where he was living.
A damn yankee frog friend of mine (who, ironically passed of the same disease as Wes last week) was working in that 'hood and said he knew of it. I asked him to stop by, get some pictures and memorabilia and mail to Wes, which he did.
Wes really appreciated a picture of the bar stool with his son's name on it.
I wish I had met him while we were at TCU back in the early 70s.
Voya con Dios, Amigo,

JeffTucker

Thank you so much.

Wes
RIP Wes, you certainly will be missed just as Scott is. Thank you for all your hard long work. Rest easy now.

mc1502

Frog nation lost one of it's best. I was only able to meet Wes a few times (all on frog bus trips), but each of those times left a lasting impression on me and my family.

I truly feel a sense of loss. Rest in piece Wes

Frog Brother

Rest in Peace Wes.

This little community has lost some good men and great frog fans over the years and it truly sucks! But thank you Wes for the example you set.