• The KillerFrogs

Last Frog Club Lunch Report

YA

GP said we likely will not get any players back for the bowl game and in fact likely to have even less than the last game. Some are facing surgeries, no names given.

Calls us the duct tape team

We likely lose a few folks off the team as they are not going to work out. Acknowledged that locker room was on the edge of dysfunction over the course of the season.

Still have 10 scholarships to give and focusing on LB and DE. One current recruit, no name given of course, is being promised one position at a newcomer school, while other schools are recruiting him like TCU at de. Told him that he will still be here while the coach making that promise likely will not be there over his career--who you going to trust, TCU or some other johnny come lately.

Said coaches READ this and other boards and they know issues and what they are going to address in the off season.

Said the best practice TCU had all season was after the west virginia loss.

Off season workouts are the key to the season. Both coaches and players cannot look at what they accomplished as a predictor for future results.

Said in recruiting he tells kids like it is and many times we have lost kids because we are honest and doesn't pump sunshine but hard work.

The new transfer rule is going to ruin college football if it is not fixed ASAP.

Ben Banogu and The Mule also spoke before GP--great kids and great representatives for TCU

Food was mystery meat with mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans and corn

Moose Stuff

Yep. Makes you wonder what the heck was actually going on and what was at the root of it.

The root of it is pretty easy to grasp if you read some of the posts on here that addressed it. Don’t care to rehash the whole thing but let’s just say we had/have some guys who aren’t exactly team first. Also, losing makes things worse.

Moose Stuff

The current (uncommitted) recruit being promised a different position (LB) is the Mathis kid. He tweeted about it yesterday. Illinois wants him an an LB.

Curious who might be the additional injuries. I didn’t note that anyone got hurt the other day other than Reagor who looked like he rolled an ankle late. And if he’s hurt then I quit.

PO Frog

The current (uncommitted) recruit being promised a different position (LB) is the Mathis kid. He tweeted about it yesterday. Illinois wants him an an LB.

Curious who might be the additional injuries. I didn’t note that anyone got hurt the other day other than Reagor who looked like he rolled an ankle late. And if he’s hurt then I quit.
I think what he meant (based on OSU post game) was that some guys that played against the pokes won’t play in the bowl game because they will go ahead and get surgery in order to be healthy for spring.

Lol on Mathis recruiting. I think GP is alluding to the fact that he ain’t retiring or getting fired (ever) but Lovie Smith can’t say the same...

YA

I think what he meant (based on OSU post game) was that some guys that played against the pokes won’t play in the bowl game because they will go ahead and get surgery in order to be healthy for spring.
correct--we had players playing that played with injuries--said even if they get surgery now or after the bowl game, they likely miss spring ball either way

LeagueCityFrog

Illinois has former TCU running back Andrew Hayes Stoker on their coaching staff talking up the Illini. Someone from his TCU football class should tell him go work on other kids from non-TCU schools. Maybe end that call with something like,"Frog until you die... right Andrew?"

Wexahu

I'll care about the outcome of the Bowl game for about 3.5 hours on the day it's played. Otherwise, all news about the game kind of goes in one ear and out the other, just doesn't seem like it matters much at all who wins these games. It's on to next year.