• The KillerFrogs

Las Vegas Review-Journal: UNLV quarterback Justin Rogers hits transfer portal

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

16085024_web1_FBC-UNLV-AUG05-21-CXS-015.jpg

By Andy Yamashita Las Vegas Review-Journal

The quarterback room at UNLV continues to change.

On Monday, Justin Rogers, who began the 2021 season as the Rebels’ starting quarterback, entered his name in the transfer portal, a UNLV spokesperson confirmed.

The move comes about a week after the commitment of quarterback Harrison Bailey, who transferred to UNLV from Tennessee. Rogers is the second quarterback to leave the program following the retirement of former local preps star Tate Martell.

Read more at https://www.reviewjournal.com/sport...k-justin-rogers-hits-transfer-portal-2518297/

East Coast

Tier 1
Wish Justin all the best as he seems to be a good kid, but it is pretty telling when you have been around 5 or 6 years and have less than 100 pass attempts. I guess he is looking to get the 1st year of graduate school paid, or just loves football. Would an FCS team take a flyer on him as a stopgap?

HornyWartyToad

16085024_web1_FBC-UNLV-AUG05-21-CXS-015.jpg

By Andy Yamashita Las Vegas Review-Journal

The quarterback room at UNLV continues to change.

On Monday, Justin Rogers, who began the 2021 season as the Rebels’ starting quarterback, entered his name in the transfer portal, a UNLV spokesperson confirmed.

The move comes about a week after the commitment of quarterback Harrison Bailey, who transferred to UNLV from Tennessee. Rogers is the second quarterback to leave the program following the retirement of former local preps star Tate Martell.

Read more at https://www.reviewjournal.com/sport...k-justin-rogers-hits-transfer-portal-2518297/
You're not having your best day when your bio is updated with the phrase, "also like Tate Martell."

I thought he threw a pretty ball in high school with good high arm mechanics and good accurate trajectory. I was very hopeful he was going to be a great one. He should have two years of eligibility. I am rooting for him.

It appears Louisiana Tech may need a QB and it would be terrific to see Cumbie and Rogers finally enjoy success together. Rogers is from Bossier City, Louisiana, which is only 66 miles west on I-20 from Louisiana Tech. Maybe the phone call has already been made.

Last edited:

geefrogs

Are you even a good QB if you dont transfer at least twice?

good grief. I remember when this young man said TCU felt like family and everyone was ready for him to take the reigns from Kenny Hill and lead us to the promise land.

What im trying to say is getting excited for QB recruits is damn near impossible.

ticketfrog123

good grief. I remember when this young man said TCU felt like family and everyone was ready for him to take the reigns from Kenny Hill and lead us to the promise land.

What im trying to say is getting excited for QB recruits is damn near impossible.
He had a brutal injury and TCU upheld his offer. There was zero buzz about him at QB since he mostly going through rehab.

froginmn

So just to clarify, in the last couple months UNLV has had three quarterbacks with top 5 rankings coming out of high school? Martell, Rogers, and now Bailey...

Spike

Was that before or after Columbus discovered the dinosaurs?