• The KillerFrogs

Lance Leipold extension

Limey Frog

I didn't see this posted as a thread. Maybe it's embedded in some other, but I thought it merits its own if just to say how great this is for the conference:

I'm very thankful for the new-look Big XII. If someone told you the day the Texas-Oklahoma SEC news broke that in 18 months the Big XII would have a new TV contract for more money, a new member that has a playoff appearance more recently than OU/T, TCU would be 11-0 and threatening to make the playoff, and neither OU or Texas would have (most likely) made the Big XII championship game in two seasons what would you have said?

Rock chalk, Go Big XII, and to hell with OU/T.

Froggy Style

If adding Houston was the price for all that I guess it’s worth it?

Except I still think adding Houston was a horrible idea and certainly not required. The rest I agree 100%
As much as I hate Houston (city and school), I think we had to add them to make sure the media in that town continues to report on the Big 12. 6-7 million metro very important to the Big 12 equation. It’s not the Houston fans we want, it’s just the general attention of the college fans in the city.

East Coast

Tier 1
Kansas just made their attempt to keep Leipold from being snatched. I think it would take a massive opportunity and $$ to get him this off season (sorry Nebraska, that's not you)

Planks

Just hope TU wins tomorrow so that KSU has to work Saturday, and KU gives them trouble. If TU loses, then KSU can basically rest on KU and look ahead to CCG.

From a logic standpoint you are correct. Best case scenario is Texas wins (this making KU a must win for KSU) and then KSU wins in a tiring 9 overtime slugfest against KU.

HOWEVER from an emotional standpoint I want UT to go ahead and lose to BU. If we go 12-0 and lose to KSU in the championship game, it would be awful but I can learn to live with it. If we go 12-0 and lose to UT in the championship game, I’m going to lose my mind.

Also while I think both UT and KSU are capable of beating us, I think UT will be a much more difficult game. I’m pretty positive UT will beat us in the CCG, whereas I think we have a chance against KSU.

Wexahu

From a logic standpoint you are correct. Best case scenario is Texas wins (this making KU a must win for KSU) and then KSU wins in a tiring 9 overtime slugfest against KU.

HOWEVER from an emotional standpoint I want UT to go ahead and lose to BU. If we go 12-0 and lose to KSU in the championship game, it would be awful but I can learn to live with it. If we go 12-0 and lose to UT in the championship game, I’m going to lose my mind.

Also while I think both UT and KSU are capable of beating us, I think UT will be a much more difficult game. I’m pretty positive UT will beat us in the CCG, whereas I think we have a chance against KSU.
UT will fall out of the Top 25 if they lose. Might not matter, but not really good for us.

fanatical frog

Right there with you. I don't want Texas to have another shot at us.....I'll be a Baylor fan for a few hours tomorrow.